2x600W+900W or 1 1600W Mars 2

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by boulderbud1992, Jan 24, 2015.

1. Currently assembling all of the parts for my grow room and I am really interested in using LEDS but Mars 2 are the only ones I can afford. I will be doing 9 plants in a 4x4x7 space.

So basically I have enough room to veg with these LEDs by putting them high in the tent, but I was looking at the prices and it would only be 25 dollars more for almost 200 watts of power when you look at the actual wattage they push. That would be vegging with a 900W Mars 2 and then flowering by adding an additional 2 600W Mars 2 to the sides for a total of 1100W of actual power. The 1600W would be on a standard hanger, and pushes about 900W. 

Would the 3 light system work? Is it worth the money for higher actual wattage? I was hoping to yield at least 20 ozs. Any insight is appreciated, thank you!

2. I think some numbers are off here.

What's your budget, and then lets go from there.

3. I was going to get a 900W mars 2 from craiglist for 225 but i was too late with the cash. I settled on a 1200W for the 4x4x7 space. Right now I am having trouble trying to maximize space in my box.

4. Well you can still get good results. Do you want 9 different strains? Because if not you could do less plants but with LST.