2x4 Quantum Board Build w/ Emerson & Far Red (Plus Sporadic Grow Log)

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Steakbomb, Dec 15, 2018.

1. So could it use one of those cased potentiometers too? And could I put a switch inline in the circuit to disable them but still leave it plugged in?

2. You could but I don't see why unplugging the driver isn't a better solution. You will need a pot for any B series driver for dimming. That's why I always buy the a series and wall mount the driver to save $6.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Those are cool but I think I'm gonna keep this a little lower tech

• Like Like x 1
  4. It's very hot on the fixture for the driver to spend it's service life. It's like 20-30 degrees cooler on the wall of the grow room.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Keep it simple and just wall mount the A series in a spot you can access the dimmers easily just outside the grow area.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Tucked away between a wall and a 200lb filing cabinet with 150lb of water in it - so laziness basically.

Last question - switch would be wired on the dimmer wire? Or the same wire as the boards?

7. If you must use a switch wire it to the driver input not the output. Then you're actually shutting it down.

• Like Like x 1
  8. You can use a standard wall switch for that.

• Like Like x 1
  9. I have mine mounted on magnets & stuck to the exterior of the grow cabinet.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Ordered the HLN 80H-24B.

I also have my cart on rapidled just about ready to go (had to buy the 320-2100B there since the meanwell site was out). Grabbing 2 of the far red pucks / lenses and their suggested power supply / splitter for two pucks.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Pucks should work well in that size-config... any larger, having leds in spread linear config is better fr distribution....

• Like Like x 1
  12. Exactly. I was thinking each puck supposedly covers 3x3 well - I think the venn diagram created by the two will give really good coverage.

13. Ok - all electrical components are on order with the exception of some disconnects for the wires running out of the cab as with my current light. After that, I need stuff to arrive so I can map it out and get stuff to make the frame.

14. I disagree with the 3x3 covered well...2x2 is pushing it, imo, based of mapping/spectrum of my four pucks in 4x4 vs single bar..,,,

• Like Like x 1
  15. Fair enough, but either way it should suit my space.

16. @Sypha I think you wanted in on this thread

• Like Like x 1
  17. My 3 new 288s and my QB18s shipped. Those HLG guys are pretty quick when they are stocked up!

• Like Like x 1
  18. Curious about the 13.5 hrs far red. It’s my understanding it goes on w/lights for 15 minutes and goes on for 15minutes after lights out, initiator

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 3
  19. For initiation you're right. But far & deep red together make the Emerson effect.

That said, the 18s have both. As I was thinking on this last night, I could save some power by just doing the initiation times.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  20. I’m using the 96 for deep red
    Rapid puck for Emerson and Initiator
    @Or_Gro says only 15 minutes for both affects

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2