2x2x4 p300 platinum LED scrog..

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by buckethead129, May 14, 2016.

1. Ok so I have 2 girls under p300 in an open closet this is vented from central AC duct to blow into closet.. 1463183777708-1509129084.jpg i plan to use this as my in take. There's a 6" booster fan ducted to really pull that fresh air into tent. Of course will also be using a 6" inline exhaust at top. Vented out of room, across hall into bathroom.. Then it can start filling up this screen for an even, dense canopy. IMG_20160501_241217704_HDR.jpg CFLS will be used in any shadowy parts the LED can't hit.. This is the lay out.. IMG_20160513_200614948_HDR.jpg Please pointers from experts

• Like Like x 1
  2. Venting into your bathroom and not outside is gonna make your house smell like a skunk farm. Even with a closed tent, charcoal filter and a 6" 400 cfm inline fan vented outside, i still smell a it some soon after flower, but when I started with a system like yours, it reeked 95% worse. You'll build your system up and it will be a treasure for you!

• Like Like x 2
  3. Luckily I'm in an area where smell is not an issue.. I can't imagine 2 or 3 girls (the most I'll ever have blooming at once. 3 is generous. A good solid 2 girls trained n Scrogged)--ABSOLUTE hobby/self suffiency grower--, I can't imagine 2 girls being smelled from outside.. Again I'm a logical person, so I will accommodate those issues as needed. I actually planned on NOT using a carbon filter to scrub my air. I don't think they'll ever be the reason my tent is found.. First off. My house reeks of smoked weed 24/7.. Iv also had no problems when I even jus bloomed with CFLs in the middle of the room.. Got over zealous n spouted 6. Go figure they were all females n I had to trash 3 :( came to realize THAT bag seed was feminized! That was a first. Not ONE mail out of maybe 15 or so beans?? Came in some good bud that was allowed to be fertilized for its bag seed I was told.. Blue cheese was strain.. But I doubt it as genetics can be iffy from a seed purveyor! LET ALONE your local dealer. Lol. Like a pure breed puppy. I want papers :) lol. But I was really hoping 2 girls venTed into bathroom would be OK. I feel like I'd be caught for 9 other things first before they even got to the smell. Lol 1463193418161-1509129084.jpg also have this MONSTER 86 actual watt 3200k CFL to aid the red spectrum in flowering..

• Like Like x 1
  4. #5 buckethead129, May 14, 2016
    Last edited: May 14, 2016
    received_10207819299458670.jpeg beggining her comeback from being slightly nute burned and "over potted". Can't wait to fill that screen. :) notice the purpling leaves?! I'm pretty sure that's a temp issue as AC vent was blowing almost directly on that seedling for about a week. 77-82° constant. 35-45% Rh.. This is in my pre scrog, veg/rooting open door closet. I'm expecting humidity n temps to raise a bit when tent em up n get the whole thing going.. Planning on 1x p300 platinum LED for my 2x2 area.. As well as supplemental side CFL lighting. And will bring in my 2 liter bottle sized 86watt 3200k during bloom. As well as 4x 23w full spectrum CFLs clipped on each of the 4 vertical tent rods.. Jus need an inline exhaust fan now, cuz my original 6" booster fan I had as exhaust serves a better purpose sucking ACd air down out of the vent going into bottom of tent cooling n replacing stale air. All I need is a mountable inline exhaust. Amazon. Here I come. I'm not using HID lighting. N my tent is only 2x2x4.. I should get by with a 70-90$ inline exhaust. Want variable speed control. Heard that is necessary as sometimes you don't need it at FULL POWER. Ie, cooler day's, winter time..

• Like Like x 2
  5. #7 Schplakken, May 15, 2016
    Last edited: May 15, 2016
    Hey bro, you are rollin just fine. I'm growing some blueberry cheesecake right now and like you, I'm only growing 3 in 5 gal. hempys. I'm gonna scrog 1 and continue to lst the other 2. They're 6 weeks from seed and 2 weeks in the buckets. You can see how uniform and nearly identical they are. 1 pheno. Very stable. Very high quality seeds. from Female Seed Co. The others are in the process of finishing up

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  6. Lookin good man. I love how new LED technology, n some sound training techniques. The everyday rookie can produce his own meds in the perfect of his own home!

• Like Like x 1
  7. #9 Schplakken, May 15, 2016
    I'm using 2-300w Mars 300 LED's in the veg room and 600w HPS in flower tent. The HPS and LED together might be something to check out. I'm not sold on LED quite yet. Maybe try the Platinum LED's with the veg and flower switches for the spectrum.

• Like Like x 2
  8. I thought the very same. But have u tried a higher end like a Plat? Growblu? CLW? Even black dog has some impressive units. The person I'm growing with is an anxious, paranoid dude!! Lol. It's good house and HPS and/or MH are a "fire risk!!" I told him let me set it up. It'll be 100% safe. Cool tube for light, etc.. In dying to start an HID grow. Or a HUGE outdoor monster!! My humid climate makes outdoor tough in late spring/summer.. I'm digging A good LED, and CFLs for any shadier areas :) it's cliche. But LED WILL be the future of cannabis cultivation.. Time for a blunt. Been monkeying around for hours w the tent!!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Lol great minds IMG_20160513_201647154_HDR.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  10. Indoor and outdoor simultaneous grows in a proper medium like coco would keep me busy all day! Haa!
    If they were in soil or any variation thereof, I would be a wreck making gals. of juice all day.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Yeah! That's where I saw that sweet light! P5 right?

12. #14 buckethead129, May 15, 2016
    They have p150, p300, p450, p600,p900, and p1200. (Numbers don't equal wattage!) Its an actual count of the amount of 3w diodes in that particular unit..My p300 has 300 individual dual beam angle diodes..(90°+ 60°=excellent penetration, and pretty good light spread at boo more than 20-24" it has 2 switches. Since end of week one I flipped both on for proper FULL SPEC.. veg switch alone is right around 100w draw. N veg AND bloom switch is right around 190-200w draw.. My 2x2 tent should be covered PERFECT. But we'll see if after Halloween I'll be interested in another platinum. Possibly the other units they make? With 3 n 5 watt Crees on board, with focused lenses too.. XLM SERIES?? my p300 so far makes a 145w "full spec" ufo i had 2 years ago look like a child's night light :)) lol. Technology :smiley-rolling-joint:

• Like Like x 3
  13. OK so check it dude$..2'x2'x4' mylar grow tent. Ventilation n SCROG set up pretty much.cept exhaust. IMG_20160514_011236.jpg ^ this is my years in the making AC cooled n stale air exchanged vent. Set up. [Central AC>6” ducting> 6" booster fan pulling air through ducting, to tent floor.. Fitting under the scrog screen so perfect~ you'd of thought I planned it! Lol.. But it's OK , my baby's are in another air cooled tent n filling them 5gal pots fullaroots :) I gotta Amazon- up my fan n ducting. I'm thinking of dropping the extra 130$ for a single. BIG DIODE single light unit ,200w (draw)of these new Cree C.O.B LED tiny units that THROW SOME Crazy amounts of light. Never too much light yes? Specially LEDs weaker Penetration.. I already have PlatLED p300 unit in tent. But another 200 Watts should only benefit. So long as u keep an eye on bleaching.. Peace guys. Work time. Time to go m cook in that got ass kitchen :D

• Like Like x 2
  14. I have a small grow, three plants and a 250 HPS with supplemental 42W compact CFL. Being that I am in Colorado, I am completely legal but, the smell from my ventilation system to the neighborhood was out of hand so I installed a presh filter. You should probably consider doing it just for the sake of not letting anyone have a clue that your growing. The rip off artists are still breaking into houses out here. Always better to be sneaky and keep it on the down low. Good luck and keep it loud.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Looks a killer grow dude

• Like Like x 1
  16. Thanks dude. Investing alot. Might order a 200w COB small lil unit that REALLY pumps out alot of good spectrum light. To be honest I think it's really all preference there's no one really thing better than the other to an extent your Limited at your abilities just like the whole marijuana community demonizes Miracle-Gro go figure I bought some of the seed starting mix and it's the best shit I've ever rooted in just amended with a little perlite

• Like Like x 1
  17. yup after week 1 both stitches

• Like Like x 1
  18. Starting nutes next week. Any ideas on good EARLY veg nutes?? Currently only thing in my arsenal is all purpose Walmart 15-30-15 shit.. Yuckk. And maybe 3rd of a bottle of Fox farms Big Bloom... More towards end of veg for FFBB tho. I think my girls are starting finally to get hungry for a nosh on some nitrogen, seeing some yellowing. My run off is reading between 6.5 n 6.8 pH.. My teeth water is testing a LIL over 7 exact. Having a buddy in Oregon who owns and grows for a dispensary is gold to a new setting up ;)

• Like Like x 1