2x2 worth it?

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by illforgetthis, Nov 5, 2019.

1. #1 illforgetthis, Nov 5, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2019
    Want to start growing, have come up with this list...

The above link is what I believe I need so far, just want opinions on whether I need something more or less?

I am ultimately after a silent grow tent, it cannot be heard or smelt.

Any input would be great!

Cheers

2. Depending on your consumption a 2x2 could be the right size for you, personally I wouldn't go any smaller than a 3x3 or 2x4 though, as it gives a bit more options for different grow styles and light setups.

As for noise, I think your going to have a hard time making the setup silent, the inline fan and the fan in that light will make some sound, you may be able to dampen the sound a bit but you won't be able to get rid of it completely.

3. Can't be too tall as it is goin under the house.

Is there anything I am missing from the list?
    Ty btw man

4. Theres things you can do to reduce sound but it will never be silent.

Oversize your inline fan and use a speed controller to turn it down. A larger fan at half speed is generally quiter then a smaller fan at full blast.

Put the inline fan in a box and fill the box with packing peanuts or insulation. This will dampen the sound a lot but will raise the operating temperature of the fan and shorten its life span.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Can I fit an inline fan in a box with the tent size I have though? I feel like that would be valuable space

6. #6 GrasscityGal, Nov 5, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2019
    2x2s are great for small grows. 4 plants in 2-3 gal pots fit nicely but ur dreaming about no smell and silent. I can hear my 4” exhaust from upstairs in my bedroom. You would have to buy or diy a grow box for a silent grow Using pc type fans to move air and 120mm blower

I would get the 2x2x5 and not 4’ tall... I have my exhaust on top of tent, with the 5’ it woulda got inside nicely. I would put 50-70$ With the 78$ and buy the cloudline t4 exhaust. Any exhaust will be to much for that tent and the environment controls will help a lot. I would also get a 4”x8” carbon filter. Where do u plan on to exhaust to and bring in air from?

7. I need to measure my space again, it is going under the house where there is a looooot of empty space as the house is raised, but not enough for a person to stand up, so 5ft might be pushing it but I will check again this afternoon. Doesnt the carbon filter cut out the smell? I know wanting 0 sound is unrealistic but smell surely should be unless I open the tent up right?

Looking to bring air in from a vent ill setup running outside, and exhaust in the area under the house. Yay or nay?

8. Why is house raised? Any flooding ever happen down there? I would try to get a outside out house dryer vent cover and vent outside the house. If ur going to vent just out of tent I would put the carbon filter and exhaust on the outside of the tent to give you more head room. Have exhaust pull air out and push through filter. Just saw what light ur getting, I’d also get a different light. You could spend 100-120$ and get a 288kit and would be way better then that blurple. I mentioned a smaller filter just to save room in tent. If u had one light the filter would prob fit beside it. I put two 288s in mine. The 4”x8” works good for me bc of the two lights

9. Na 0 flooding ever, it's raised at the front cause the house is on a bit of a slope, ill upload pics once I am done so it makes sense, I am in Australia so might be diff to what you're thinkin.
    It might be easier to do what youve recommended with the fiilter and exhaust.

I actually just found a place in Aus that actually sell this stuff so will save a lot on shipping from US
    Probably wont have the best stock as US would but still should suffice... https://www.hydroexperts.com.au/

10. Holy shit those tents are expensive! I spent like 330$ on my gorilla grow tent limited edition. They was like 500 for a regular one ... u may pay less still ordering from the states if u can get it mostly from one site

11. Yea buying anything in Australia tends to suck, you should see the price of shoes compared to US.
    Not many sites ship to Australia due to us living in 20th century with most of this shit.

12. If you want quiet go with A/C Infinity fans.

• Like Like x 2
  13. I swear by these cloudline t series fans now. Sure they cost more upfront but long term save money. Climate control is infinitely easier with the temp and humidity sensor controller. What this means is that it will only run when needed and will gradually ramp up to 10 speeds VS an always on high/med/low scenario. You can set high/low temp/humidity that engages the fan. These are controlled via PWM and have the best watt/cfm vs any inline I have seen so far. You can also control a second s series (same size) from the same controller which I am currently playing around with now. It's also super quiet, especially when used with their 4 layer ducting that helps with dampening.

14. Their stuff is definitely on point. I like their 120mm 120v axial fans also,I use them on my QB96 heatsinks.

15. IMG_3006.JPG

2x2x4

1000w giixer LED

5 gallon bucket
    2 gallon pots

4” inline fan
    6” clip on fan

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  16. Pics of the space available would really help, are you open to some light construction? If so I've enclosed several heavy duty wire racks that measure 1.5 x 3 x 5 (adjustable shelving units) with thin whiteboard panels (cut to size at the lumber store) and use COB fixtures and tackle the minimal heat with a fan that works to strengthen stems as well. Currently each is handling a single 5 gal bucket with a comparison effort running two different combinations of lights (80w - 150w - 80w in one vs 100w - 150w - 100w in the other; actual draw of each is a bit less than the boast).
    side2.jpg side3.jpg IMG_20191114_074753.jpg IMG_20191114_075041.jpg IMG_20191113_074212.jpg IMG_20191113_074229.jpg
    These two cabinets are competing against a 2 x 4 closet running a newly purchased TS 600 Mars Hydro (roughly 100w) over a third clone of the same
    IMG_20191101_070643.jpg side1.jpg IMG_20191114_075240.jpg

17. Hmm interesting. Does that count for the acoustic boxes you get for them too?

18. Yes they hold heat too but for some people its worth it

19. Had never thought about that before but certainly makes sense now that you’ve mentioned it. fuck lowering the life span of my fan. Biggest single expense I’ve had