2x2 Small Tent Grow

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by rnmrn, Sep 24, 2021.

1. Seeds just popped through the soil, both White Widow seeds. One looks better than the other, probably because I screwed up during germination.

I have a small tent that's 2 feet wide/long and 4 feet tall with some led lighting in it.

I plan to keep the plants small and maybe do a little training because of the tent size. I don't want to over-complicate the grow and end up with nothing.

For now I sit and wait as they slowly get situated in their plastic cups.

IMG_4711.JPG IMG_4712.JPG IMG_4713.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  2. Not much growth above the soil, but I also had no power for a while. Still, I'm very happy to see any amount of progress.

IMG_4714.JPG IMG_4715.JPG

3. What kind of grow are you doing? Whats your set up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. For the lighting I'm using three QB96 Elite V2 with a HLG-480H-54A powering them. The psu stays outside the tent, mainly for space savings on the inside of the tent.

The tent is 2 foot wide/long, and 4 feet tall. I am putting a scrog net in once the plants are into the 2 gallon pots during veg. I don't plan to have a huge amount of space between the soil and the scrog net, maybe half a foot.

I have a fan pulling air out of the tent and into the closet it is in. I have a larger fan pulling air from the top of the closet up and out of the room. That one can have a carbon filter attached if the smell becomes a problem. This way I don't need to fit a filter in the tent, because I think I'd be out of space at that point haha.

• Like Like x 1
  5. I have the lights dimmed right now and no meter for light to see a ballpark of where I am at. I have read/heard recently about how bad eyes are at determining the brightness of something. I do have a watt meter so I checked how much I was drawing with the lights. 48 watts... I thought I was maybe halfway dimmed at most! So I bumped it up to around 200 watts draw and moved the seedlings closer.

I believe I gave less than optimal light so far. Hopefully this change makes a positive difference.

6. I have extra lights and another 2'x2'x4' tent that I am thinking I might get going in the same closet. Might as well right? I just need to figure out what seeds to pop :) I'm thinking two Northern Lights x Big Bud.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Still haven't popped the other seeds yet, getting some things re-organized. Current tent saw some unruly temperatures the last few days, but everything is back in order now. Hopefully the seedlings aren't stunted too badly from that.

8. The plants are growing so slowly, and not healthily. I very well may cut these ones off and switch over to a new grow. The initial heat during their germination/seedling phase may have been an issue, along with not enough light (turned too low). Planning on sticking with the light, likely 1 plant in a hydro setup. Still going to scrog it. Not sure if I will keep in the 2x2 tent or not.