2x2. Advice for maximum yield?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Marmalade0987, Jun 28, 2019.

1. 24x24x48 tent is the only size usable in this situation here due to space restrictions.
    The goal here is to deal with ONLY 1 plant, maybe 2 at the max if it’s a better idea.
    I need to know what light wattage is optimal for the best outcome along with what strengthening and shaping methods to use.
    An autoflowering afghani will be used.

2. If you use Chinese blurples, or hps, you will need approximate 200 actual watts for a 24x24 tent.
    If you use Quantum Boards you will need approximately 120 actual watts. One plant only in that space.

With only 48" in height you will need to keep it short. Lst would be best with an autoflower and lights at 24/0 for maximum yield.

Good luck and welcome to GC. :)

• Like Like x 2
  3. Much appreciated :)

4. Would these be suitable lights? And how should I measure what power I need?

VIPARSPECTRA UL Certified Dimmable Reflector Series DS300 300W LED Grow Light,12-Band Full Spectrum for Indoor Plants Veg and Flower, Has Daisy Chain Function

5. That's a Chinese blurple and it pulls 130 watts from the wall. Not horrible but QB's would be better.
    Don't pay attention to what the companies call their lights or what they claim as equivalents. Watts from the wall is all that matters.

• Like Like x 2
  6. There is one from viparspectra that pulls 204w, is there anything I should be worrying about from these types of lights?

7. This is the current newest light on the market by HLG.
    QB288 V2 Rspec & Slate 1 Single Combo

It's only a slate 1 heatsink but your space is so small I would go with a 100 watt driver for it.
    https://www.onlinecomponents.com/me...VWCCtBh0TTw1kEAAYASAAEgI3QfD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds
    Put a 3 prong cord end on the driver and plug it in where you can get to the dimmer. Maybe on top of the tent since yours is only 4 feet tall. Run the output of the driver down to the board/heatsink and plug positive and negative into the board. The heatsink has holes for hangers on it.

Probably the best light you could put in there. You'll have a wide dimming range with that driver.
    [​IMG]

8. #9 Marmalade0987, Jun 28, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2019
  9. Both those lights have an included dimmer. Because your area is so short 150 watts would be a little much so you'll likely run it dimmed but the recommended bloom coverage of that light is 2x2.

I'd probably go with the HLG option if you can. It's made with higher quality components and is more in the power range of what you want in that short space.

• Like Like x 1
  10. I would say maximum yield you could get in a 2x2 is about 8oz's looking at what I've seen for crops. Maybe slightly more.

11. On all the Chinese leds the actual watts is usually less then half to half of what they are stating. I have maxisun 300w dimmable and they run 140 actual watts. Look threw the description of the lights and somewhere in the specs and stuff itll show actual watts, power pull, watts from wall or something along those lines and that'll tell you what you'll actually be getting. Alot of people have had good luck with vipraspectra but I agree that chinese leds are not the best. Next year tax season I'm looking into upgrading to a timber wolf light and I can guarantee once you get a decent led theres a huge difference from the chinese ones. Also for training try fiming and lst methods. If possible you could get a mother plant and start clones to start a scrog method.

• Like Like x 1
  12. I would like to go as cheap as possible, what do you think of this setup here?
    BloomGrow 24''x24''x48'' Grow Tent + 4'' Inline Fan Filter Duct Combo + 300W LED Light + Hangers + Hygrometer + Shears + 24 Hour Timer + Trellis Netting Indoor Grow Tent Complete Kit

13. That light probably isn't even 100w. When the power draw isn't listed - beware.

14. I agree that light is probably way below what you need and I believe that set is overpriced. Alot of extra stuff not needed if you're running a 2x2 I'd think a mars hydro, maxisun, or vipraspectra 300w would do you good. I know what it's like to need to go cheap so I waited till tax season so I could splurge a bit. Grow tents are relatively cheap if you look around I found mine on wish for 52 bucks 2x4x5 and two maxisun 300w for 180. Advice on tent look for ports on the bottom to put ducting, also another mistake I made. So separate your be looking at 300 or so but itd be what you need I'm at work right now but I can post you links later.

Edit I didnt see that fan set up with it I'd honestly go ahead and get it just for the tent and fan and use that led mixed with a 300w led I mentioned earlier and I'm sure you could grow

• Like Like x 1
  15. Do you think that the viparaspectra 300w would be a good choice on its own? On amazon it’s saying it pulls 130w. Is that enough? It’s cheap too so I like that.

16. Should listen tbone's advice. Look at his plant and get a QB!

17. I have a Viparspectra R300 which is doing a good job in my 2x2 tent. Ive read that the R300 is better than the V300 because it has more red in it so thats the one I went with. Solidly made, comes with hangers and runs at a low temp. Im happy with it for my first grow. Anyway just thought you might want a quick review lol

18. Ok upon further inspection I definitely think that set up is over priced. A 2x2 tent with vent set up should be 100-150 add the vipraspectra and your around 220-250. I may be wrong but I think the vipraspectra 300w would do great for 1 or 2 plants in a 2x2. 2 plants may need a bit more lighting not sure but if your budget is 300 I'm sure youd be able get all you need