2x2 3 or 4 Plants

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by localgrower18, Jun 19, 2019.

1. I was wondering I'm always hearing people say 2x2 is best for one plant, but if you put in 3 or 4 plants in maybe 4 gallon pots and then scrogged?

2. There is no space to scrog 4 plants in a 2x2. YOu can just barely fit a 4 plant sea in a 2x2. That minimum space for a stick plant in sea is 1 sq foot. Did it many times when cali had a sq not plant count growing limit and trust me 1 plant per sq foot is fucking packed, each plant gets 1 good cola.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. I have a 2.5x2 foot tent. One plant fills it.
    Two plants is way crowded. I'll never do that again.
    More trouble than it's worth.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Yep, there is a reason no one really does sea of green anymore, its a lot easier to manage one big plant than 4 little plants. Sea’s only make sense if for have sq footage limit but no plant limit and want to clone your way to maxiumum yields.

5. I agree with ZeusMan and Blix, 1 plant only in a 2x2. I have 2 growing spaces of 2x4 each and only do 2 plants now per 2x4 tent. Tried 3 plants in a 2x4 and it was too packed, did some funky trim jobs to make them fit. Only having 2 plants in a 2x4 gives the plants more room and more light to penetrate. Only having 1 plant in a 2x2 will allow you to grow a nice plant with topping and training.

6. It is a matter of buds per square foot. One plant with many buds or 4 plants with...say 8 tops each. Total 32 buds. A typical pot plant in a typical 3 gallon container will fill out a 2x2 space. I grow in one gallon containers and could cram 4 mainlined autos in a 2x2 space. It is tight, but really nice sea of green. Not for beginners, but something to consider when you get in the experimental mode. I would say it has more to do with grower personality than anything else. I like space, especially in hot summer. One plant in a 2x2 space. When it gets cold, nothing to do, more lights=free heat, then cramming makes for a cozy winter.

7. How many in a 4x4 then?

8. 4

• Agree Agree x 1