2x 240w led grow 16pot amazon aero

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by westman, Mar 26, 2011.

1. #1 westman, Mar 26, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 26, 2011
    Hi all ive never posted on this site before so you could say im a new member:wave:
    ive looked at a few led grows on this site and the results vary i hope a few of you peeps can help me get to the end of this grow :eek:

I bought 2x 240 led grow lights from gotham.. my grow space is 3 foot by 2 and a half foot and hight is around 2 meters.

im using vita link nutes e.c is 1.0 ph was set to 5.6 at the begining of week 2 of flower.

i have six super silver cheese clones (RDG) in there which are showing pistals now :hello: the clones have been on 12/12 for 12 days , they are growing in a 16 pot aero amazon system.

a few of the fan leaves on the bigger plants are getting in the way of the smaller ladies can i trim them off peeps?

Sorry about the quality of the pics cant find my other cammera :(

heres a few pics: (lights are 15" from the tops)

Attached Files:

2. looks nice. Question is why are the lights so far from the plants?? i have x2 600w hps and there 6 inch from the tops (air cooled of course) n temps r at 80.f

3. Hi yeh they are very high, i might just get some easy rollers so i could get them closer..
    my experience from previous grows (hps) showed me that the plants will stretch alot in flower regardless of how close the lights are before they start packing on the wheight, so i thought i would let the plants grow closer to the lights. hope that makes sense lol :) thanks for dropping in.

4. Reasons plants stretch is beacuse of the High amounts of IR (red spec) id still get those LEDs as close as poss!! will be good to see the results im in the start of my second week of flower but have a 600w super HPS for 6 plants and have 2 of them so 12 plants with 190000 lumens!!

5. i will try to get them closer thing is its hard for me to take the ladies out, groom door is smaller then the amazon system so i will have to tilt the tray they are on to get them out.. will try tho, sounds like your gonna have some monsters lol really appreciate the advice next run will have them on rollers for sure;)

6. You want those lights 4-10 inches from the babes in flowering. AWESOME SETUP btw. I am growing with Lighthouse blackstar aswell. I am down with ur grow, and am pullin up the lazy boy!
    My LEDs are like 1 inch away from the tops of my OG KUSH. Minimal stretching for LED is vital to supreme yields. U could bring those bad boys on down. It wont hurt em! Welcome to LED for ballars my friend. Dude really....good to find u out...i did ya know.... just go searching for people like you and reel them into the LED underbelly scene we got down here. c u around soon.

HERE is a link to the LED growers community.
    http://forum.grasscity.com/groups/growing-led.html

7. Its still early in 12/12 you can super trim bottom leaves if u so desire, but quick man, make it quick. Its ok to trim before like the 10th day of flowering. But anymore will tend to stress ur babies out as i have painfully learned over the past 2 indoor season.:wave:

8. Im pretty sure Ur plants wont suffer any heat stress at all! WOW. i am jaw dropped by the 2x 240's. Im gettin a second 180 from gotham soon. Im jelous of ur fasho.

9. LOL your comments put a smile on my face this morning :smoke: ive joined the led group had a feeling i came to the right place, thanks for the advice and yeh setup is nice cant wait to see the end results the combination of led and aero should do the business, nice to have you on the thread man.

10. Glad to be aboard westman! u outta check oot my current grow n leave a tasty tid bit. Its below in the link brotha. peace.

11. you guys got me thinking and i found a solution instead of trying to bring the lights closer to tray im going to get the tray closer to the lights by sliding something underneath it lol that way i wont stress my plants too much and i wouldnt need to take the tray out thanks, i can be slow sometimes lol:eek:

12. slow and steady wins the race

13. #13 westman, Mar 29, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2011
    Hi guys just posting the end of week two update.
    The plants are now 6 inches away from the light;) if im going to grow with leds i might aswell do it properly,which means i should also buy mini oscillating fan to move the air around in there.

ive changed the rez

vita link flower nutes a+b e.c 1.2 the ph is set to 5.6.

here is a pic of them under the lights:

Attached Files:

14. Hi all its the end of week 3 now, plants hit the lights so ive raised the lights to about 8-10 inches away from the tops.

pump turned off twice this week for 2-3 hours each time... i was high and forgot to turn them back on do you think they will be ok peeps?:(

There are alot of budsites on the ladies 3 have thick stems... there are a few runts but hey thats nature onely the strong survive:devious:.

the technical shit:

res change ec 1.3 ph 5.5

added nitrozyme to regular nutes im using.. peace;)

heres a few pics sorry about the quality using shitty cam until i can find my other ones.

Attached Files:

15. #15 westman, Apr 11, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2011
    Hi all good news new cammerra

just finnish w@@k 4

ok res change ph 5.5, added vita link buddy and pk 13/14 still at 1.4 .

thus far im happy with tha grow but i might tak'm for a longar trip 10-11 w@@ks mayb@... you know sativas.

lots of whit@ pistols i hop@ th@s@ girls ar@ going to tr@at m@ w@ll.

Attached Files:

16. Nice set up man I've been thinkin about getting those same lights as well there beautiful especially for the price :)
    Any complaints so far? I've heard they are kinda loud?

17. Hi no complaints at all :hello:so far, just sounds like a pc fan :smoke: Thanks for lookin in.

18. i just ordered mines yesterday cant wait for me led :)