2week old seedlings stunted growth and yellow leaves?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by RonPaullegion92, Aug 25, 2012.

1. I have 5 bagseeds and 1 Fem Tahoe Og, 3 of the bagseeds are 2weeks and very small above the soil compared to past ops on the Og seedling which is 1week the leaves are raised and the stem is weak although it hasnt fallen over. Right now I have them outdoors in partial sunlight until I find out whats wrong. I had them in some soil that held too much water so 2 days ago I transplanted into larger containers with just peat and perlite and buried the stems the roots were actually pretty large idk whats stopping the seedlings from thriving. Im thinking they were overwatered and maybe there was a ph problem because I didnt check the water im just using the water from my fridge, today I added some rapid release lime, just how rapid is this lime and what do you think the problem is from the pics?

Attached Files:

2. #2 RonPaullegion92, Aug 25, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2012
    First 2pics with the straw around the stem is the 1week og seedling, what do you think these are symptoms of its stopped growing even after I transplanted its been like this for two days. Im letting the soil dry out but is there anything else I can do? The 3rd pic is an indica bagseed thats really fucked up the first true leaf set is curled under and the 2nd node stopped growing, 4th is anther bagseed that hasnt grown any for 5days but had large roots for just 2weeks when I transplanted. The light I have has 2 40w cool white bulbs none of them are growing under it after the first week idk why maybe low humidity.

3. what kind of soil are you using? Thats also not very much light. Rule of thumb is 100w for 1st plant 50w for each additional.

You are also fine to transplant to its final resting spot. Successive transplants to larger pots from smaller ones are not necessary even though many do it.

4. I had it in some coast of maine soil that was held too much water even with perlite, I transplanted into some jiffy seedling mix and perlite. Do u think its overwatering and or ph was adding lime the right thing to do?

5. When you put your seed in a pot you should not water again till its dry. Overwatering will kill a seedling fast.

Do you have a PH meter? Adding rapid release lime was probably not a good thing either. At the stage that plant is in its in a very very fragile stage. Freaking out and trying to fix it usually kills it.

Whats the PH balance of your soil?

6. No ph meter Ive had worse setups in the past and still got to third node in 2.5 weeks why would the roots be healthy but weak above soil?

7. No ph meter? Then why would you add something to change PH when you dont even know what it is? In that little pot just a little of ph buffering agent would change it radically.

Plan for success not a node :)

8. You're right maybe Im micro managing, I just find it odd they all stopped at the same time and are showing different symptoms. I could give a fuck less about the bagseeds wtf is wrong with the og the first leaves on it are twisted? So far no problems regarding the lime, im going to trash the fluoro lamp and get 4 26w cfls. Overall how do they look for there age on a scale of 1-5?

9. do you really want us to give you 1-5 rating for seedlings? sigh, i dont even see the need for ferting in soil with a good mix until fruit time. smh, the real problem is that light, sure it sprouted them, then what? invest the love man...reap the rewards

10. Thanks I really appreciate the advice, I just invested in some cfls and im keeping the fluoro for additional watts hopefully that will give them a boost. I was under the assumption lime had a ph of 7 and was used for stabalizing ph, I was told it was the best thing to get for ph related issues.

11. @rhapsodyrcks I just found a remedy for overwatered soil/seedlings, rice absorbs moisture so I put a layer on top of the soil and sure as hell 2hrs later soil is dry half down and they already look happier! The Og is still fucked though if it continues deteriorating itll be gone in a few days I really hope now that the soil is better it will revive because its such a dank strain I was hoping to cross breed with a sativa bagseed and have endless seeds.

12. Glad to see your issues are getting resolved. Lesson learned! Overwatering and over nuting are about the easiest ways to kill a plant.

13. They all survived bro the OG is pulling through I let it dry out then gave it water with some h202 and its resuming growth slowly. I will post some pics as soon as things get interesting.