2Week old plant turning Yellow.

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by doughboytl, Apr 27, 2008.

1. How long has this problem been going on? For the past 4-5 days
    What STRAIN are you growing? White Widow
    What was the establishing technique? (seed or clone?) seed
    What is the age of your plants? 2weeks (15-16days)
    How Tall are the plants? about 1"
    What PHASE (seedling, vegetative or flower) are the plants in? seedling/veg
    What Technique are you using? (SOG, SCROG etc) none ATM
    What size pots are you using? (Include how many subjects to pot) not sure small jiffy pots.
    What substrate/medium are you using? What brand of soil mixture are you using?(percentage of perlite, vermiculite...etc?) Soil : Shultz organic all purpose potting soil
    What Nutrient's are you using?How much of each with how much water? How Often? *Knowing the brand is very helpful* Nurti+ Grow A 5-0-8 and Nurti+ Grow B 1-5-2
    What is the TDS/EC/PPM of your nutrients used? no ec/tds/ppm meters
    What is the pH of the "RUN-OFF"? no ph meter/pen
    What method of pH test was administered? Using Strips? pH pen?
    How often are you watering? every few days or when soil is dry
    When was your last feeding and how often are you feeding? umm when i noticed the yellow
    What size bulb are you using? 2 40w t5's
    What is the distance to the canopy? 1 1/2"
    What is your RH Factor? (Relative Humidity) no meter
    What is the canopy temperature? unknown
    What is the Day/Night Temp? (Include fluctuation range)unknown
    What is the current Air Flow? (cfm etc.) not sure just a regular house fan
    Is the fan blowing directly at plants? no
    Is the grow substrate constantly wet or moist? um not constantly
    Is your water HARD or SOFT? umm not sure
    What water are you using? Reverse Osmosis (RO)? Tap? Bottled? Well water? Distilled? Mineral Water? Tap water
    Has plant been recently pruned, cloned or pinched? no
    Have any pest chemicals been used? If so what and when?no
    Are plant's infected with pest's?no

The plants are a little more than 2weeks old and they developed yellow leaves with little brown spots on em. Growth has stopped completely, the stem is purple when all my other plants have green stems. This one is still on its second set of leaves while the others are on their 4th. I was using MG all purpose 8-7-6 ferts then i went to the head shop and got other ferts instead. All the other plants love the new stuff but this one hasnt gotten any better. I have no ph meter or anything to measure the amount of nutes, i just follow the directions, it says 2ml of Grow A and 2mls of Grow B in a litre of water. The guys said he uses it without any probs. I cant think of anything else at the moment. Any info or tips would b apreciated. Thanks for the help.

Attached Files:

2. looks like a pH problem to me but the pictures are very blurry. I can only see yellow on the first set of leaves.

when you say the stem is purple, is it the part below the cotyledons? because that should be purple until the plant grows and matures.

you really need to invest in a temp/humidity meter as well as have a fan blowing over the plants at all times to make sure they are getting enough co2.

I suggest you flush the plant with distilled water (water it with about a pint of water), and STOP feeding it until the yellowing disappears or until you figure out the problem.

3. Shultz organic might have added nutrients in it. It looks like it does and is burning your leaves. I would transplant out of that jiffy pot too.

4. the soil did have nutrients already in it but its only 0.06-0.09-0.06 so i figured it'd be good for about a week, but im guessin i was wrong? n any reason as to why i'd needa transplant them?

5. bump. i still need some help, preferably today some time cause i dont got a computer at my place.

6. Hey, got your PM.
    SmknVTEC is right. Your plants show signs of fert burn from pre nuted soil.
    I would transplant ASAP, and yes, peat pots can be useful but often cause pH twist. I do not see this in your plant yet, but since youll be transplanting them anyway, id switch to a clay or plastic pot. Too young to add any nutrients.
    Good Job posting as much information as possible, let this be a lesson to all you noobs out there reading this post.

7. Accidental double post.

8. thanks man ive been waitin since last night for this, i read SmknVTEC's post but when i asked q's he was offline. so once i transplant they should start to get healthy in about a week? oh and i gave the other "babies" nutes and they seemed to like it, but my q is should i stop feeding them too? oh and when i transplant i only have the Shultz organic stuff left is that ok?

9. Sorry man, went to sleep just after posting. I have on occassion seen slightly ferted soil like yours cause problems. If its all you got, transplant to a clay or plastic pot, and once you got the seedling in the soil, flush the soil. A flush constitutes 3x the amount of water per pot size so if you have a one gallon pot, give it 3 gallons of water. Hopefully that should flush the nutes from the soil.

I would never feed a weed plant before week 3 from seed. Sometimes the start of over fert is fast growth, with lush green growth at the top. Hopefully that is not the case with yours.

10. ah its all good man everybody needs to sleep right?. so my next q is what should i get for the Grow room on payday? obviously some ph strips atleast, thermometer and what else? oh i forgot, what kind of soil should i buy?

11. Go with a liquid pH test kit or an electric meter if you have the money. The strips are a man and less accurate/harder to read.
    Thermometer/humidity reader.
    Fans to create strong stem/root growth.
    I loves me some fox farm ocean forest soil.
    http://www.foxfarmfertilizer.com/buyfox_consumer_map.html (If your in the U.S.)