2nd Unofficial GC Party Cup Challenge

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by The Green Bastard, Jan 24, 2013.

1. Welcome to the 2nd Unofficial GC Party Cup Challenge. [​IMG] That's right, we're going to test your growing skills by restricting you to a single container. The 16oz party (solo) cup.

I promise not to run away this time. :p

There is no restriction on medium, seed stock, ferts or anything plant related. The only restriction is that you must be growing in a plastic or Styrofoam party cup and your roots must stay contained within that party cup. If you want to do hydro, feel free, but you will be using a party cup.

Just post your updates any time. That'll help to keep them spread out. I don't think we want to restrict it to certain days of the week, because that kind of stuff is hard for a group of stoners. Sounds rule-ish anyways!

Everybody should post an initial update showing their freshly cut cloneling or moisturizing beanling, and a secondary update showing a rooted or planted clone, or a sprout. I suppose just that second one would probably be enough.

Updates after that just have to be enough to show us convincingly that it's the same plant. 3 weeks would be stretching it, I think. But shit happens. So no matter what, at least take the pics! You can always catch up on the posting.

We can police it as a group as we go anyway. If anything seems iffy, call them out!

[​IMG] "Award" categories ... This is primarily for bragging rights but we could probably come up with a custom sig award that you could show off.

Highest Yield
    Largest plant
    Best contest photo
    Best timed harvest (planned harvest date must be "declared" before 12/12 flip, at germination for autos)
    First to harvest
    Last to harvest
    Most Epic Fail
    Prettiest plant
    Ugliest plant
    First to die

(more categories may be added later)

Im thinking of giving no start date, but lets cap an end date around June?

I'm welcome to any feedback

2. I gotta sit this one out brother...but here's an old pic of my LSD party cup from the first challenge:wave:

[​IMG]

3. You know what Grrower, i might just have to particapate in this venture! lol cya soon with a Original Blueberry, Sensi Star, or Granddaddy Purple clone :). Until then cya soon?

p.s. when we planning on starting? Any time from now on, just have to make the June deadline?

4. Now we're getting somewhere.

That looks awesome. I need to get me some LSD genetics.

Where the hell did you find a solid blueberry? :confused: Thats like finding a Chupacabra.

Yep, this contest is gonna be very lax on "Rules". No start date, lets just cut it off say June 30? That should give you guys till the beginning of May to start flower.

5. I'm gonna start from nothing this time. I just took clones like 2 days ago, so I should be right in the mix with everyone else.

I think Im gonna run a Bubble Cheese if enough root, otherwise Im running a Pineapple Express.

6. How do you like that bubble cheese? I've got a seedling of it now...

I might join in on this with a clone. Haven't really decided yet.

7. I'm always down for a solo cup grow!

Ran a pineapple express my last solo grow. Was quite impressed.

8. Bubble Cheese is by far my favorite smoke I've ever had. Its taste is so intense. Its cola's get hard as a rock. Its fat tits.

Not quite a huge yeilder, but worth every watt you give her.

I love my PE, its not as good as the BC but the yeild is amazing.

9. Who's the breeder of that?

10. Bubble Cheese is from Big Buddha
    I think the Pineapple Came from Greenhouse?

They were both gifts but I'm certain about the Bubble Cheese.

11. You already know I'm in dawgggggg...

12. I'll take pics tonight of my clone for the cup, not sure yet on strain.

13. I'm in, I think I will use a seed from my LSD stash. Will post a pic once it is out of the ground. Good luck all:bolt: :smoking:

14. I'm no professional, and I have never grown a plant before.

That said, I am trying this out of sheer boredom.

cheers

Attached Files:

15. awesome, i thought everyone lost interest already. Is anyone else still in?

16. I'm here :) most likely going to use my tiny BlueBerry cutting! Doubt it will perform but who knows!

17. I will sit this one out as well but admire your tenacity; my next wave started in 32 oz big gulps but is soon to transplant. I was the biggest dreamer and admittedly the biggest failure with my entry in the last solo cup challenge - 216 seeds started and whittled down to around 70 by the time I gave in and transplanted to finish up.

18. Does anyone have a problem with pushing the deadline back to say Sept or Oct? Maybe we could get some outdoor entries that way?

As it stands we're gonna have only a handful of contestants.

Everyone would still be able to finish early if they so desired, im just trying to think of ways to get more interest and contestants.

feedback guys? :confused:

well I hate to see anyone have to sit it out. Perhaps I should extend the end date and try to get it promoted some more?

19. I don't mind at all dude :) the rate my blueberry is rooting its probably better :)