2nd Time smoking - coughing

Discussion in 'General' started by ulemon, Jul 4, 2012.

1. So it was like my second time taking these bong hits, any way starts off good, then I took a really big hit, trying to keep it in my lungs but I just couldn't. Started coughing uncontrollably, so much I start getting the gag reflex, next thing I puke up a small bit of my pasta from earlier - LOL!

Anyway I was wondering does weed always make you cough? because after smoking it up a friend and I watched pineapple express and we noticed, mainly because of what we had just experienced, they kept coughing after smoking?
    so... yeah.

2. You are inhaling heated plant matter, it will make you cough.

It is normal.

3. I only coughed the first time I smoked, I inhaled wrong, other than that, I barely ever cough

4. Burned plant matter into your lungs, man.

Take it easy with the bong rips, don't try to clear the bong. You practically have virgin lungs :p

Take small hits....the more you smoke the better you'll be able to take bigger rips in the future.

Happy toking!

5. Milk the bong, remove face from tube. Exhale, take some fresh air, pull the slide, clear bong.

I see a lot of people try to milk and clear all in one breath. If it's a tiny hit it's no big deal but if it's a larger hit it can sometimes lead to a coughing fit.

And, as always, good weed will make you cough more than ditch weed.

6. If you dont cough, you dont get off.

7. [quote name='"Flemian"']If you dont cough, you dont get off.[/quote]

Not for me, I'll skid like once, and then I'm done coughing for the time, I barely cough and I get get baked as fuck

8. It all depends on how big of a hit you take, and the weed quality itself can come into play. In your case though when you coughed with smoke in your lungs, it made it like 5x as worse because your quickly inhaling/exhaling and it is just inevitable that you will go into a coughing fit (and possibly throw up, it happened to me one time when I had a big cheesy pierogi dinner). Try your hardest not to cough while your holding in smoke. You just need to find your limits... try taking 2-3 hits instead of 1 huge one. I cough once and a while but its after I have exhaled and only maybe my first 1-2 hits of the day.

9. This. Smoke is a foreign object, coughing is your body trying to get rid of it. Essentially telling you to stop, it's not normal.

10. yea coughing is normal. There is this myth we have goin on saying, u kno ur fucked when u start coughing, our logic is it rushes the thc to ur head

11. Some of my friends say smoke 'till you choke. Well...let's just say their stashes are gone by the end of the night. ;)

12. I rarely ever cough when I smoke, even when I first smoked 6-8 hits with my friend I never remembered coughing. when I do cough, the high just doesn't seem right.. it could just be me though. Last winter I took a hit of wax I didn't cough, while other people who took a hit coughed forever. That shit got me pretty high, and I knocked out on the couch for a couple of hours feeling totally blissful hahaha.

13. I've smoked for years and I still cough sometimes, depends what I'm hitting. I cough on blunts the most, joints rarely. Depends how hard you hit it.

Take it easy homie, no need to rush.