Update:week 3 of flower

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by tiernan61, Dec 13, 2018.

1. I do have a pan just not pictured... was going to add about a half gallon with 1/2 nutes right now and water just a little every couple minutes so I can try to eliminate the side run off and let it run off and than empty pan

Sent from my SM-N950U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Cool, after you get a handle on the watering schedule it will come naturally. May not be 100% the right way, but I water until I see runoff in the pan, let it sit a bit, and whatever she or the soil doesn't suck up, gets removed and discarded with a turkey baster. Next time they are thirsty I'll shoot you a pic so you can guage what to look for

• Like Like x 1
  3. What soil you in? May not need nutes this early

4. Just saw FF...y yo don't have to give nutes yet

• Like Like x 1
  5. Mix of fox farm and (know not great but) miracle grow potting mix.

6. Everything I read was saying about 2 to 3 weeks in... i think I'm going to much off of what is read and not my actual plant lll

7. Didn't feed mine till like week 4 of veg.. and the clone really didn't get any till flower
    1200w Chinese LED 2 Vipar 300 2x4x5

8. Definitely don't feed yet! Ugh Miracle gro...been there... I learned the hard way, and with miracle you definitely have to be careful with your watering! There are time release nutes in that soil that pop and feed your plant Everytime you water! Dude...ge g it out of that shit!

9. You just mixed one of the best soils with one of the worse soils...SMH... even the lighter MG soils like the seed starter has too much nitrogen and release capsules. Im not saying it's impossible to grow a plant in it..but it's just what the name says..a Miracle if you do

10. Welp fuck lol I guess I'll just see how it goes than not really much I can do now is there?

11. Absolutely, it's not too late. If you have more FF transplant into that. Just becareful with the roots

12. You can try and ride it out, but your feeds will be all over the place. And remember every watering will be feedings as well so low to no nutes till you see deficiencies

13. Ok I just read how bad it is... bought some for the wifes garden and just needed a little to fill pot and fuccckkkk..

When transplanting should I just leave a little layer around roots or pull roots and all?

14. No it's safer to leave what's on the roots on the roots, you want to do this with as little stress to them as possible

15. Lucky you it's plenty early for a mullagan

16. And don't forget the extra perilite..unless it's miracle grow perilite.. cause believe it or not, they spray that shit with nutes too

17. The local store has ff ocean forest that should be fine?
    Also because I'm in transplanting should I throw it in smaller pot?

18. I’d go with happy frog at this point if you have mg on roots imo . You’ll never know what time released stuff is stuck with transplant .

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

19. I love the Ocean Forrest, that's what I'm in now. You can go back to the smaller pots to get a nice root ball going, but it's not detrimentatal, like S2C said, they may have a slower growth rate. But what you don't see growing up top will be growing like crazy under the soil. Pick up some Voodoo juice, it's the only thing you will need to feed during most the veg cycle

20. Voodoo isn't a necessity either, but a great root stimulator