2nd time around, 5 gal buckets.

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by kitkatthekat, Feb 7, 2014.

1. I used carboard and poster board. Then I lined the whole thing with aluminum tape. Once the tape was on just cutted the needed holes with a razor blade. And I just got a new hood today for flowering but maybe down the road when I'm not on a tight budget I'll veg with some more wattage.
    New toys
    image.jpg

2. That thing's excellent bro! The only thing I'd add is to line the inside with some Mylar,. It's a much better reflector

3. #23 kitkatthekat, Feb 10, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2014
    The transplant went very well, roots are already poking out the bottom of the net pot. Today I also installed a new 400watt light. Going to veg with my home made hood for another week or so then I'll start filling out the net.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

4. #24 kitkatthekat, Feb 11, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2014
    Never posted a pic of my fan. Installed a dimmer on it, pro labor my favorite buy out of the whole set up.

image.jpg

5. Here's an update on the plant. Still looking really nice, more roots are popping threw the net pot everyday. I decided I'm going to veg this one for another week or so then I'm going to put another plant I've been growing in soil beside it and flower both. I'll be scroging both plants.

image.jpg

6. Sorry about my post guys, I had had a bad night and didn't even know I posted that kind of shit until I saw my notifications on the quotes. Guess I was angry about something else and took it out on here.

Haha no worries brotha.. I can't say I haven't done the same!  :smoke:

8. #28 The Letter 3, Feb 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2014
    Subbed.

I love the cfl reflector you made.

Looking at your light setup I can hear the opening theme song to 2001 Space Odyssey while powering up the hid.

9. Sorry to break the news but due to some financial reasons I decided to switch back to soil one more time before switching back to hydro. Plus I already have 2 moms so I needed to make space anyway. Thanks for everyone's help, be back soon to hydro!

image.jpg

10. Thanks man, for just being cardboard, aluminum tape,and a PC fan, it makes a huge difference. The same bulbs I've been using upright for a few cycles seem almost like different bulbs when sideways.

11. Hey everyone I'm back, when I started the 12/12 with the plant pictured above I also put a hydro cloner to determine the sex of some moms I had started. Now that all the guess work is done I decided to take to best looking clone and transplant into a 5 gal bucket (dwc). And with that I filled in the empty space in my net. Even tho the soil one is much bigger, they both are the same plant so it's going to be interesting to have a side by side comparison with the same plant but with different mediums.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg