2nd Stealth Grow (CFL + 150w HPS Added)

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by jamaicanmehappy, Dec 11, 2009.

1. Thanks for everyone who followed my first grow thread

http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-g...row-cabinet-thanks-local-hardware-stores.html

and all the help from GC'rs..

Took some advice and added a hps light to my cfl stealth grow for the clones from first grow.. Went from begining to end with CFL's the first time producing 2 oz from two plants.. Decent, great buzz and taste was there, but just didnt cut it on density..

Now to the clone races.. We'll see how these take off..

So now ive added a 150w HPS from SunSystems.. Hopefully this will help bring more dense buds.. Let me know what you think about the changes..

Now to the clone races.. We'll see how these take off..

Attached Files:

2. Making yet another upgrade with venting and air scrubbing...

The 6" inline duct fan works great for air exchange.. But with the added 150w HPS, i need to move more air to keep temps right..

Also, my girls from the first grow stunk to the high heavens.. So its time for a carbon filter..

I will post details in the next few days with pictures and equipment used.. Glad i found a local garden supply shop..

3. Nice setup man. Good luck on your next grow!

4. Update: Clones are rockin and starting to flower

Its been 5 days since the new HPS was added along with the EcoPlus fan and carbon filter assybly.. What a difference these upgrades made.. Might have cost me $280 bucks but what a great deal for the new results..

I have aboslutely no smell in the room the stealth cab is in (However, you open the doors and the smell hits you right in the sniff holes.. << Great work carbon filter +rep

Fan was a bit loud at first but i ended up building a cabinet housing with fake doors and peg board on the other side.. This allowed fresh air ventilation to escape... Didnt mind the extra noise just as long as that dank ass smell is gone.. Cabinet was an old fish aquarium stand (ha)

Now new temps can be controlled withen 5 degrees from outside the cab... And this is with the CFL's and 150 hps added.. Thanks EcoPlus 200 CFM Blower..

Any thoughts? Hope these ideas and changes helps other GC growers..

Attached Files:

5. wow those are looking really healthy, how much total wattage do you have in CFL's? My first grow was a CFL grow too, nice to see the upgrade is helping though!

6. i have 184 watts of CFL's going right now.. 8 - 23w

7. what is that u are using as reflective material?

8. awesome, thanks

9. I perfer styrafome its almost 100% reflective and way cheaper

10. Im with ya on the cheap side there david21216... However i needed something less flamable than styrafome... Safety was a factor in my stealth grow as well...

Styrafome does make since.. Seems like that would be better to use for lining walls of a grow room..

11. Looking fine....

I like the addtion of the HPS, I am looking at picking this up for my new box High Tech Garden Supply

12. Thanks.. I dont blame you on wanting to pick one up... I cant believe the difference the 150w hps has added during its first 5 days of operation.. The girls havent EVER looked so good.. You will be pleased once you get one..

13. I am going to pick it up tomorrow....along with two 30 gallon totes, that will give me the room I need....I found out quickly that I am not a small area grower, well, not as small as I wanted to be....:D + rep to you ;)

14. Seems as if its easier to go bigger than it is to keep it small... Trying to maximize yeild and grow space becomes difficult.. I was checking out your grow as well.. Looking good for such a small area... Hope they are girls.. ! ! ! +rep to ya

15. One week after 12/12 switch..

Just an update, things moving right along.. girls are going through a growth spert right now..

Attached Files:

16. Thanks man.. Been a work in progress thanks to folks here at GC..

Its actually some midi from last summer.. Turned out to be pretty damn gurd so i kept them.. Two different strains came from the batch.. Both with thier own characteristics..

Like having the two strains to switch.. I just keep cloning them..

17. #18 jamaicanmehappy, Dec 29, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 29, 2009
    Update week 2 of flowering (12/12) switch

Things are still moving right along.. Decided to add the MG Bloom Booster along with the Fox Farm Big Bloom.. Almost full strength with both nutes and plants seem to love it..

First few weeks were some work due to the growth spert.. They've relaxed some on the height after a little lst... Nice even canopy and bud'n nicely...

Thanks GC'rs

Attached Files:

18. Any comments or questions?

19. just so u know jama styrofoam doesnt really catch on fire easily no way it would in your setup unless u had it touching it.