2nd Indoor

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Hemi_57, Nov 19, 2018.

1. #1 Hemi_57, Nov 19, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2019
    This round, I have the same setup as my 1st indoor. Phlizon 1200w led, 5 gallon fabric pots with Pro Mix Premium Potting Mix (slow release), no nutrients, little fan and a light timer.

The plant on the left is a popped seed. The plant is a re-veg from my 1st grow. Still Gorilla Glue. I plan on cloning one or maybe both of the plants.

I used my tent to dry my first harvest. I had the re-veg and the popped seed in my crappy aquarium setup for about a week. Both went into the tent with the blue light mode switched on after I transplanted the new plant. I noticed nothing for about a week. Then the new plant started spots on the 2nd set of leaves. They are still there. The re-veg started developing new tiny buds with no new vegetative growth for a week under the stronger light. I just kept pulling out the bud growth. Now I don't see any new buds and I see new leaves. The new plant has responded very slowly to the topping I performed a week ago. I was worried about it when I over watered it. Saw it in the leaves the next day. It seems to be doing ok now.

I bent the main stem on both a few times now. An attempt and making the main stem stronger. Re-veg seems hardly bothered while the new plant is making acceptable recovery every time. I will top the re-veg when it grows a bit taller.

Sensi Grow A and B will be going in near the end of this month. After the holidays, I will decide if I will make better use out of another light or more nutes. I intend on getting the plants no taller than 2 feet tall before going into flowering. I am really happy I got a 6' tent.

What did I do to re-veg?
    Almost nothing. I just put it back in a 18-6 light cycle. I thought of an idea here. I also just pulled of any buds I could see in hopes of the plant going back to veg faster. I don't know if it even did anything with regard to speed but at least nothing turned brown yet.

I just thought of getting a fully customizable light timer to see what a 24-8 or a 36-8 light cycle would do. I will not be investing in this any time soon.

I will update through posts later.

I know my plants suck lol

Attached Files:

2. try 6/2 light/dark cycle; its rocking my plants atm.

3. Interesting.

4. Sensi Grow came in. Thanks Purolator for pulling through while Canada Post has their strike. Too early to see any difference. We will see in a week from now.

I think I am being too hard on the seed plant. I will stop bending the main stem for now. It can handle it somewhat. I will just continue topping this one.

The re-veg plant is growing really strange. I think I will see a lot of branches from this girl. The new growth is mostly concentrated in that one area. I like it because the weight will be supported low and near the middle. It may become lopsided. It is easy to find something to support it. I plan on doing some sort of a backyard quality scrog with some string.

All for now.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  5. It has been a week since I have started using nutrients. Noticed the plant is growing but some sort of nutrient deficiency was spreading. I picked off most of those leafs.

The amount I used was completely eyeballed in a shot glass mixed with around 3L of city water in a wine jug.
    Re-veg is getting too humid. I will pick off more leafs. I really want this one to grow. New plant seems to be more sensitive to it's food.

Attached Files:

6. Here we are. The last day of 2018. Picked up a short shift tonight and I am scheduled for tomorrow morning. It's not like I have anything better to do. Looking back at this thread is how I remember my plants are growing ok. It has not been 2 months of veg if I am right. What a difference on the re-veg!

There was a day when a lot of leaves started turning yellow at the tips and along the edges. I fixed this by cutting my nutes in half as I was measuring the Sensi Grow by eye. Thought I was safe by mixing it with 3L of municipal tap water but I was wrong. They make tools to measure ml guys.

Right now I am kinda dog fucking. I want big plants but I want some smoke now.......patience man. Patience. Just waiting on getting some Sensi Bloom. I think I will get 500ml bottles for the Bloom. Save money today.

Here is something I have been asking myself. I could and should get in contact with the manufacturer and ask them. It says Sensi Grow PH Perfect works for a week in the soil. I mix water and the nutes in a 3L wine jug and dispense it as I go. That 3L jug lasts longer than a week.
    Is the mixed part A, part B and the water still good sitting in a jug after a week?

Take care guys, be safe on the roads and stay warm.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  7. Found more things to talk about.

It is interesting to observe the complaint, cause, correction and effect. Especially when I trimmed leaves on the re-veg. I know now that plant was struggling with that many leaves in the middle. Always felt wet and the center growth was crawling forward. Trimmed a bunch and a week later I saw positive results. Now I see growth in the center competing with the outboard growth with MUCH less moisture. Much more uniform now. I made the executive decision to top every tip. I could regret this on a re-veg. It could become too bushy and I see that as a problem on a short plant as it it not as easy to keep the production and spread the branches on a short plant as it is with a taller plant. I will see.

I topped the new plant after already topping it earlier as we can see in my previous updates here. Because it is a......normal plant, it is much easier to predict how it will develop and to make a plan on how I will maintain it. I doubt I will decide to do this again as I will have 8 main growths on top of the outboard growths. Bending and tying them down to make an even canopy is necessary right now. Makes it easier to get uniform production since more areas of the plant have an opportune means of approach to purloin light.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Ey man I tried training topping etc kept feeling like I was failing but with my 3rd grow here I’m seeing the evidence just takes time, every topping training or what ever takes time to come back from.

Taking time to train etc is worth it!!! ( I am only rambling A, because my family is boring me and B because I’m drunk as shit ) is worth the time tho I think. Again I’m on my 3rd actual real grow but it seems to really be showing now with this girl!
    Pce buddy happy New Years ey! [​IMG]
    She’s about 3.4? X 3 ft now can’t wait to send her in flower

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. & those are her beautiful children beside her

• Like Like x 1
  11. Am I seeing 2 mature plants there? I swear if that is only 1.

I agree with you completely. 1st time everything is new and there is so much to take in. 2nd time, you at least know where to start and what not to do again. 3rd time should go smoothly as long as you take your time and think. There is often a 4th time and more!

A guy I follow on youtube could not of said it better. When you are an apprentice or just dipping your feet in something new, embrace the suckiness. You will mess up, and you have to learn from them.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Happy new years.

13. Most definitely take critics positive or negative, unfortunately are plants are the critics and they’re tryin best to teach hahaha

learn from everything
    She’s just one girl. I got her as a clone while ago, taking time, growing organic and just easing into it and trying to master cloning as well so I’ve really taken my time.

I kept trying to rush previously. Doesn’t pay off I don’t think. Just enjoy thee plant and appreciate it and love it ;)

• Like Like x 1
  14. Sometimes it feels for ever when training got impatient etc....
    this girl I just beeen letting go with flow and she’s been doin good with that.
    When ever train or top etc slows production down so much then you start seeing the product mature is like yaaaa bruv

• Like Like x 2
  15. Not always a good idea to pull of nute hurt leaves till things have been figured out.. as those hurt leaves u removed will continue to kinda filter the rest of ur plant from whats going on till its fixed..

(yes, the leaves are hurt, but as long as their good still, theyll continue to take most of the abuse.. but if their gone then its time to attack new leaves on the plant.. imo

• Like Like x 1
  16. Happy new year brother..

17. "trying to master cloning"
    get an aerator/cloning machine, diy. 100% cloning efficiency.
    I use Clonex solution, like 5ml a liter. leave em in there until I have to move them. I even make the plugs myself using a foam tile (they are seen in the bottom of picture#2, the blue/green things); I cut the holes at 2" but the foam inserts are cut at 2 1/4" for a perfect fit. The picture I am showing is 'dirty' but it was just used for a couple weeks. The 1/2" plumbing is hooked up to a 600GPH pump. Clones take a week.
    DSCF2318.JPG
    DSCF2319.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  18. I will do that.

• Like Like x 1
  19. I use bubbler is simple works well

20. Switched my reading lamp to veg and changed the timer to 12/12. Just a few days ago Had an issue with my plants. I saw a bit of it but didin't know what to do since it sort of disappeared and returned. My buddy suggested giving much more water and lifting the flashlight. He was right. Plants are much happier now so now is not a bad time to go into flower.

I decided to throw away one of my clones. I regret it since it was still trying to start roots. So far the stems on my clones are very bendable. Could be a sign of undeveloped roots or maybe over watering.

Went through a pretty intensive defoliation. Had two handfulls from only the 2 big ones. I am trying to get everything below the first screen. I will install the 2nd level maybe this weekend. I am totally convinced this method works and from now I will do it everytime. Seriously just from the first week of switching the lights.

I will re-veg the re-veg. I may change the soil. I don't know how I will go about this yet.

Attached Files: