2nd indoor grow comments please!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Ron91285, Dec 19, 2012.

1. So, i have 5 plants total. 1 pitbull in a 15 gal pot, 1 white widow in a 5 gal pot, 1 a-train in 5 gal pot, and 1 blue dream in a 5 gal pot. Pitbull is in happy frog soil, blue dream and widow are in miracle grow, and a-train is in 25% mg and the rest ffof.

2. They are in week 4 of flower i believe.

image-3130285566.jpg

Widow on right an a-train on left.

image-2685252380.jpg

Pitbull in the middle.

image-1594577410.jpg

Blue dream on left.

3. Oh yeah, im running 740 watts total. A mix of soft white and daylight cfls (26w, 40w, and 68w). Also, 1 240 watt blackstar LED flower model.

4. #4 Ron91285, Dec 19, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 21, 2012
    The miracle made widow and blue dream turn yellow. And i think pitbulls leaves are drooping because of all the side lighting? Anyone have experience with mg? I know it aint the best, but i went with what i had.

5. go all low kelvin rating in flower. It more naturally replicates the sun at that time of year and puts out more lumens. More lumens=more growth

6. [quote name='"Ace420"']go all low kelvin rating in flower. It more naturally replicates the sun at that time of year and puts out more lumens. More lumens=more growth[/quote]

Only 4 26 watt daylights. The rest is all soft.

7. A-train

image-3661443976.jpg

Pitbull

image-351395463.jpg

White widow

image-3820564859.jpg

Blue dream

image-2652902610.jpg

8. thats more than 10% of your total output. wouldnt you prefer the higher lumens and proper color temps to encourage hormones?

9. [quote name='"Ace420"']

thats more than 10% of your total output. wouldnt you prefer the higher lumens and proper color temps to encourage hormones?[/quote]

Well i dont know. Ive heard its good to have a mixed spectrum.

10. Hey man mg wilk work but rob the soil in the long run (ill spare you the rant) just be careful 1/4 the recommended dose. Never more.

11. its a small difference but a difference none the less :) "mixed spectrum" is kindof a misnomer. All of the lights we use use the entire spectrum but the PEAKS are at certain light temperatures measured in Kelvin. So ideally, if we can recreate the end of summer/fall sun via different temp bulbs, we do, and this gives us some more lumens which means more lights which means happier yields :) again small difference but a difference worth doing IMO :D

12. [quote name='"Ace420"']

its a small difference but a difference none the less :) "mixed spectrum" is kindof a misnomer. All of the lights we use use the entire spectrum but the PEAKS are at certain light temperatures measured in Kelvin. So ideally, if we can recreate the end of summer/fall sun via different temp bulbs, we do, and this gives us some more lumens which means more lights which means happier yields :) again small difference but a difference worth doing IMO :D[/quote]

Good to know. Pry gonna invest in another LED panel or maybe a small hps anyways. Any opinions on the t5 HO's? I really dont want to have to run any hps just because of the electric bill and fire risk.

13. [quote name='"thaSPACEkadet"']Hey man mg wilk work but rob the soil in the long run (ill spare you the rant) just be careful 1/4 the recommended dose. Never more.[/quote]

Im not using mg fert just the time release soil. It was a mistake, but it was all i had at the time. Im using tiger bloom, but very weak solution. Any advice? Should i have used mg's bloom nutes?

The plants are lime green instead of a dark green.

14. My pitbull thats in 100% happy frog soil is very dark green. Even the a-train with 75% happy frog and 25% mg is dark green. Is the light lime green color too much nitrogen?

15. [quote name='"Ron91285"']My pitbull thats in 100% happy frog soil is very dark green. Even the a-train with 75% happy frog and 25% mg is dark green. Is the light lime green color too much nitrogen?[/quote]

No, usually that lack of nitrogen or lockout from salt buildup or bad ph.

Your pit bull looks like it was overwatered or given too much nitrogen.

16. [quote name='"joker865"']

No, usually that lack of nitrogen or lockout from salt buildup or bad ph.

Your pit bull looks like it was overwatered or given too much nitrogen.[/quote]

The pitbulls leaves arent actually drooping. I have a 240 watt blackstar LED flower panel above it, and the rest of my 740 watts come from the side because all my other plants are shorter. So, i believe they are facing the majority of the light. I am positive ive not overwatered. And ive only fed it twice with tiger bloom at quarter strength.

17. I think mixing 25% mg soil into my happy frog with the a-train was a happy accident. It seems to be doing the best of all 5.

18. Check it out.

19. .........................

20. image-564646476.jpg

A-train

image-140905216.jpg

White widow

image-2964792843.jpg

Blue dream