2nd indoor Auto's grow-Northern Lights Blue and White Widow

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by tex61, Jun 6, 2018.

1. #1 tex61, Jun 6, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2018
    I am new to doing an organized grow, I have grown a couple times before but it was a seat of the pants grow. This time I am growing a Northern Lights blue Auto along with a White Widow Auto, the WW was seeds created from my last WW auto that I stressed from changing things too much because I was learning, when it created pollen pods I said WTH and pollenated in hopes of creating feminized auto seeds, which I think I did because this WW started flowering on day 20 exactly like her mother did (which was a purchased auto seed). The reason I decided to do a journal this time was so I could document my successes and mistakes. The reason I decided to post it is because I started having pest issues, I am keeping them at bay (I think) but I need to figure out what "they" are so I can kill them, using Garlic oil or neem oil isn't stopping whatever it is that is eating my plant. Anyway.
    My Setup:
    2X4X6 Grow tent
    Daystar 6" Air Cooled Reflector
    600 watt Dimmable Digital XtraSun Ballast
    Yield labs 600 Watt MH and HPS bulbs
    Hurricane Inline Fan 6 in 435 CFM on "The Speedster" variable fan control
    CAN 75 600 CFM charcoal filter
    all controlled with Titan Apollo14 timer
    2 - 6" Hurricane classic clip fans for circulation
    Vicks 1 Gal medium room Humidifier

Nutrients - General Hydroponics Floria series
    Soil - Fox Farm Ocean Forest
    (I also have another brand I mix the two, but I tossed the bag and can't remember )
    I am on well water and my PH is perfect according to meter, as far as metals and such the PPM registers better than purified water (don't recall numbers but if its important to some I can get them).

Watering - I don't do deep watering because that is how I started getting in trouble on last grow, it got to where I didn't know if I was over or under watering the WW so I transplanted to bigger pot, all the changes stressed out the WW auto making it hermie, if that is the correct term
    (but hey, I got seeds), so this time I do medium to light watering every 3 days as well as spray the plant (mainly to apply neem oil, water also has diluted nut water), I take a picture every morning and every evening, I do this so if something starts going sideways I have something visual to go back to that coincides with documentation so I can possibly see symptoms of what I did to cause whatever issues I might be having, NLB as of this post is on day 24, and WW day 27

I moved from MH to HPS on day 20 because the WW started flowering and I read the NLB could be grown from start to finish under HPS so went ahead and changed bulbs, I am currently running the ballast at 100% on 20/4 lights... I ran into height problems with last WW where I got light burn. in effort to bush out and reduce height I topped both plants after 3rd set of leaves for NLB and 4th or 5th on WW, I topped the NLB again on day 10, NLB just started taking back off since that topping several days ago.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. These photos are where the pest damage can be seen, I haven't been able to find any visual sightings of bugs under the leaves so don't know what I have. aphids, fungus nats, leaf miners, or "noseeums" possibly hitching a ride on clothing from outside, I haven't been able to figure it out and as stated neither Garlic or neem oil seems to totally get rid of them.

3. I don't wear clothes anymore when in the garden working. I've been clean 3 years

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. I use 2 ocean forest to one coco. I use cloth bags 5 gallon with plastic water trays under them. I water till water comes out the bottom and fills the tray, there good for 4 days. I use a tent 10x9x5 4 lights each tent 600 HPS I also use Solis-Tek ballast and bulbs 4k and 6k last two weeks get 10k bulbs. I don't like AUTOS. They fuck up the schedule of the other plants. WW XXX big bulb, Norther Lights, Critical Mass, Blue Berry, WW og, I start the next tent off with cuttings from first tent. I call it my ee tent.

5. here R some pic.

Attached Files:

6. #8 tex61, Jun 14, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2018
    NLB day 34, WW day 36 had to transplant WW as it was showing signs of being root bound, never went into shock but it did stop growing for almost a week, its back to moving along. Still have signs of something eating leaves and leaving marks but can never seem to find any pest on bottoms or tops of leaves.

7. You might want to put a small lizard in there they want hurt plants but will eat pest

8. ROFL...never thought about that, my luck I'd find the poor thing dead for lack of food, but its worth a shot.

9. No one else commented?

10. just you, guess nobody wants to talk to the newbie

11. How’s it going? Did you catch the little Bastetd!

12. yes... I do know that they ride in on me from outside because I'm fighting one right now as it buzzes around me as I type and I just came in, little bastards...and now it is dead stuck to sticky paper!
    I also have yellow 2 sided sticky paper hanging in room and in tent and have seemed to stopped them from doing further damage. I am more careful about going into room straight from outside now.

13. #15 tex61, Jun 22, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2018
    Northern Lights is 40 days old today and WW is 43 days old... I think I stressed the WW so much it stunted its growth, I transplanted during flower as it became root bound and got in serious trouble, its all ok though because the NLB seems to be doing well enough for both of them.

Based on my reading and understanding when you top a plant it needs time to recover thus adding to the total days of growth / flower, if I'm correct then the NLB has something like 40 days left and the WW 25 days left.

14. The last pic, I think shows brown tricomes?
    If so cut and dry. All these plants R autos right? They have there own time schedule.

15. are you talking about CDS 2436?

16. #18 tex61, Jun 23, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2018
    pulled White Widow today, Tricoms are cloudy but not yet brown so after curing it should be a nice Head high without putting you into couch lock....post curing will tell.
    It ended up smaller than hoped for but kind of expected it after getting root bound and stressed, it stopped growing for almost a week.... all in all its ok, I should end up after drying with roughly 15-20 grams which I'm ok with considering I got the seed from another WW that hermied and the fact the seeds (at least this one) was still a feminized auto was surprising.

Attached Files:

18. NLB turns 50!!! its getting close, hairs are turning golden, tricoms appear cloudy but not real sure so letting it go 10 more days on case by case diagnosis, already switched to only water with floranecter alternating with only water.
    CDS_2457.JPG CDS_2455.JPG CDS_2454.JPG CDS_2452.JPG