2nd hydro grow

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by jah421, Aug 31, 2010.

1. hello gc:wave: this is my 2nd hydro grow. im growing the same 2 strains master kush, and sweet afgani delicous. there under 4 cfls at the moment gunna switch to 150w hps soon..
    master kush
    DSC_0001.jpg
    sweet afgani
    DSC_0002.jpg

DSC_0003.jpg

DSC_0004.jpg

2. Hey looking good how far are you along now? just my experince but i feel using clones in hyrdo really speeds up the proccess.. as soon as you flip them they just go for it for about 10 days and strech sooo much compared to a soil grow... keep the pictures and comments coming bro.. would be nice to see how this turns out... this is my first hyrdo.. coming along nearly finished... good luck with anything if u have any questions or just wanna chat ill be here boss... have a good week!

3. Hey dude, welcome back :wave: good to see you rocking with another grow. :)

Don't forget not to keep that cube too wet. ;) :poke:

4. thanks :wave:
    i think i have been keeping them to wet :/ but i slowed down on watering so hopefully theyll start lookin better.

5. badnews my girls passed away:hide:
    i still have 2 beans left though there germing right now
    1 master kush and a ufo i got from attitude called the church the bean was green idk what was up with that...i think its to help it germ faster
    anyways ill be postig pics soon later :wave:

6. yea dude , no spraying... and don't water until the cubes start to feel light.

Make sure those cubes have been pre-treated correctly. Those other seedlings looked rough no offense man. I hope you have better luck with these beans.

How I use to use rockwool was by pre-treating then shaking out or Slightly squeezing to remove any excess water. Roots like water but they need air to breath , so it's good to keep it Moist but not wet and especially not soaked and waterlogged. Good Luck and have fun:D

I could tell you sprayed one of them also , maybe some some water splashed it? Seedlings don't need to be sprayed as they have roots from day 1. Some people spray clones , I wouldn't even do that. It just invites stem rot and other detrimental symptoms.

7. thanks man this one was really sketchy...thanks for the info man its gunna help me this time around.

8. :p Didn't you do this to your seedlettes on the last run too? :poke: :p Stop loving 'em to death man! ;)

Good advice from Hypeshot up there :) spraying is almost never worth it, even with clones. ;)

So, what beans are you gonna pop now? :)

9. lol yeah this is the 2nd time its happed:cry:
    im poping 1 master kush, and this other bean i got for free when i orderd them called the church.. ive never heard of it so hopefully its good :D

10. when you say pre treat the rockwools wat do you mean? how long should i soak them prior to puting my babys in??

11. hopefully these will survive;)
    i did come across one problem the "church" my girl that hasnt opend yet hasnt even got soild roots yet? shes still alive but the other day i could pull her out of the rockwool, the rockwool was to lose around the stalk so i squeezed it closer.. hopefully shell get some taps goin soon...
    master kush.
    DSC_0050.jpg
    the church
    DSC_0052.jpg
    master roots
    DSC_0051.jpg
    my girls :p
    DSC_0048.jpg
    space
    DSC_0054.jpg

12. bump!!
    any advice or tips to make my babys grow great!!?:wave:
    has anyone used calmag?

13. Hey man :wave:

The seedlettes look cute. :) The bottom of that rw still looks a little wet tho :poke:

I had loads of problems with The Church, out of 5 fem seeds, only 1 plant made to harvest, 3 of them were deformed seedlings which never developed and one wouldn't even germ.:( I will say this tho....the one that turned into lots of buds for Freedom was AWESOME :hippie:

Yeppers, Calmag is good stuff. :D

14. yeah that was right after i waterd :p
    the church is finally startin to grow now so hopefully itll be ok. but the master is startin to get brown spots:mad: im not over watering or anything either
    im gunna pop em in the system tonight maybe thats what they need
    pics soon!!

im investing in some calmag this weekend too :hello:

15. Sounds like your pH might be off slightly, what pH water are you giving them at the moment? :)

16. #16 jah421, Sep 22, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 22, 2010

5.8 - 5.5 ;)

i think my church is deformed too :( it looks wierd

17. Try to keep it at 5.8 man, 5.5 is a too low imo. :)

Try :poke: ing the church? :confused_2: :( :p

18. k will doo:wave:
    ive just been staring at the chirch thinking positvie things so maybe itll pull through with all the positive vibes i wsa throwing it :smoke:
    if it doesnt im gunna try my luck with cloning the master. well see how that works out :rolleyes:

19. alright so foun out my meter was mess up so im trying to recalibrate it tonight.. just a photo update there lookin a little bad:poke: dont make fun:eek:
    master kush
    DSC_0002.jpg
    master kush
    DSC_0006.jpg
    the church
    DSC_0008.jpg
    the church
    DSC_0003.jpg

20. Never make fun man (well not often anyway :p ) just wanna help. :)

The new growth on the bigger seedling looks ok, so hopefully you've got her sussed now, are you feediing them anything or just pH adjusted water for now? :)

The church does look like a bit of a mutant, but maybe she's just squiffy from her seed hat? :confused: might as well stick with it until she either dies or grows. ;)

Have you ever used 'Superthrive'?