2nd grow

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Chefboyardee, Nov 24, 2018.

1. So here we go again for hopefully another successful run

Strain: 2 Wedding Cake
    Light:400watt MH for veg 18/6
    Medium: Happy Frog
    Nutrients: General Hydroponics Flora Trio

Attempting a variety of 'Mainlining' seeing what happens and compare results to last grow so stay tuned folks
    20181123_210257.jpg

So this is what i got goin on so far and they were both started at the same time but the smaller one was in a solo cup for a week long than the big sister only had enough soil for one so the other had to wait until pay day haha oh well

• Like Like x 2
  2. Looking good. Aww look at the little one. So cute

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Haha yea just a little cutie but she will get there eventually

4. #4 Chefboyardee, Dec 2, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2018
    Heres one week later, just put them in 5gal pots last night and they seem to be loving their new home but appears theres been something munching on a couple leaves going to treat them with neem hopefully get rid of whatever it may be other than that lookin good
    20181202_100405.jpg
    As you can see 2 differentish techniques on each plant so we will see which route yeilds more in the end, planning to veg at least thru December and see where were at height wise, i was thinking about finishing in 10gallon pots any reccomendations or advice on what size pots to finish in would be greatly helpful

• Like Like x 2
  5. Moving right along here plants are on their merry way began showimg their sex both are showing sexy white hairs so you cant beat that
    20181207_083624.jpg
    20181207_083653.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  6. The little one aint so little no more check it out

• Like Like x 1
  7. Hey man, both girls are looking wonderful and healthy!

If you have the space then yeah go for a 10 gallon! You would be able to veg for a while longer to get the roots filled in. Are you going to top them again and grow monsters?

I usually only go for 5 gallon as 1) im quite short on space and 2) i feel it gets a bit expensive in regards to soil and nutes. But go for it man. Hope you have someone to help with the transplant. Never attempted it woth such big girls

8. #8 Chefboyardee, Dec 9, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2018
    Thanks man

Yea space is no issue but im going to go for 10gallon for finishing that will be my max size for nutes and soil sake, no not topping anymore theres 6 mains on each plant so im just going to let it ride from here on out pretty much tieing down as needed trying to keep canopy even as possible

Im not going to have a helper assisting me on this transplant so wish me the best ive never attempted it either so hopefully i dont fuck em up too bad haha

• Like Like x 1
  9. So today picked up 10 gallon plastic totes cut holes in the bottom of it and these will be the finishing pot hopefully get some good sized ladies out of em
    20181210_170018.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  10. Finally got em transplanted bro, ended up finding someone to help me out she had the perfect lil hands to get down in there unlike my bear paws which would have probably made it way worse, one pulled right out perfectly then the already little one had some roots rip so shes now significantly smaller than the other haha but o well she will survive the other one is already thriving loving the new space cutting clones today then in a week to week and a half ill be flipping the light cycle im fuckin ready
    20181217_092056.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  11. Sweet mate! Looking great after the transplant.

Wedding cake is predominately indica isnt it? The big girl is gonna be huge after the stretch!!! Awesome!!

12. Yes indica dominant got these seeds out of some purple buds i had so the goal is for purple flowers

13. So its been a while since last updated been super busy lately finally found the time to get out an update, so before i began flowering went out and bought a brand new Hortilux Eye 1000watt bulb and i have an adjustable ballast so run it at 600watts 1000 gets things a little too hot
    Far away shot:
    20190128_124025.jpg
    Close up shot:
    20190126_170515.jpg

14. As of yesterday 10 weeks and 4 days into flower got 48hrs darkness prior to chop and are now hanging shooting for a nice slow dry hopefully 10-14 days temps at 68-72degrees here's a pic in natural light right before chopping yesterday.
    20190308_122238.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. Beautiful lady bro. Waiting for my check to clear ill call you in a bit.

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using Grasscity Forum mobile app

16. How did your harvest and curing go? What did you end up with?

17. That looks awesome man, I've wanted to grow wedding cake for a while now, what breeder is yours from? They look top quality

18. Sorry for sucha late response but better late than never i suppose, all went well came out super good just a lot of small fluffy buds but of well got 4 oz from each plant

Actually was a bag seed so not exactly sure

• Like Like x 3
  19. Still looks amazing. God i hope my plants bud out like that. I may need a real grow light for flowering. I may just mother her out. Shes gg4 ok strain.

20. Why does my plant react so well to the 9w grow bulb thats mostly reds and a couple blues? 5000k seems yo grow well but the plant seems to reach faster and more aggressive with the color bulbs. 20190817_183415.jpg

• Like Like x 1