2nd Grow.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Menchville, Dec 18, 2013.

1. Good Evening GC -

Today I am here to ask a few questions, as I prepare for my 2nd indoor grow.

My last one was done with 3 high quality strains(RoadRunner, Pineapple Exp, Polar Exp) 
    and 1 bagseed.

All of them grew from seed to harvest with little to no problems, I really didn't learn much about the actual art of growing weed because they all grew pretty easily.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    ^ Above are some pictures.

Total Yield for all 4: 118G's Dried.
    Great smoke for all 4!

2nd Grow info:

Strains: Cheese Candy Kush & Blue Dream Fems.
    Light Setup: 400W Blackstar LED Panel - 2 90W UFO LED - Over 30+ CFL Lamps that can be used.

I want to swap entirely over to a few LED's instead of using CFLS.

Median: Soil, going to hydro store tomorrow to pick up some quality seed starters/soil.

My question is. What kind of soil mix should I be going with this time around? Last time I used pure Fox Farm Ocean Soil, no additives and I didn't use Nutes/ferts.

I am trying to figure out the easiest/best method to mix my soil to be good for usage from seedling to harvest.

My 2cents.

I'd do 400w light ontop,  2 led ufos on the sides.   Screw the CFL's.. to many cords/heat, you will have a good harvest with 400w led if done right.  My 2nd grow was hydro dwc and I used a 500w blackstar led.

As far as easiest method.  Organic soil.  Water only or you can do molasses/tea waters.
    Do  1/3 Fox Farm Ocean Forest, 1/3 Best compost or earth worm castings you can buy, 1/3 perlite
    get some azomite and blood/bone meal and your good to go, cook the soil for a month,  go light on blood because ffof already has a good source of N guanos.  Should also have enough lime to keep ph balanced, could be wrong.

Let me know if you have other questions.