2nd Grow, White widow, Nebula 400w scrog

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by tandjgreenhouse, Mar 17, 2011.

1. Strain: White Widow (greenhouse seeds) Nebula (paradise seeds)

Started from seeds about 3 days ago
    I plan to veg for about 2-3 weeks under a scrog net

This is a closet grow using RDWC
    Each plant has a 14 gallon rubbermaid
    400w Mh/HPS + 90w Led tri-band (optional) - cfls haven't decided
    DIY air cooled hood on the 400w

Temps: 75-78 as of right now haven"t turned on the 400w
    Humidity: 45% but lights and fans are currently off
    PH: 5.5-5.8

Nutes: Advanced Nutes G,M,B
    bud blood
    nirvana
    piranha
    sensizym
    bid bud
    b-52
    overdrive
    voodoo juice
    bud candy

2. Heres first Pictures.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

So i will be moving the little guys to the big rubber maids as soon as nebula finishes standing up and shows its first leaves. Hoping Both turn female but if not i have built PVC shut off valve so i can cut it down and just let one grow by itself. I realize this isn't ideal but i wanna try and get this completely done before June 30th. Girlfriends parents will be coming to town and i just don't wanna chance them saying something.

Tell me what you think i realize it needs cleaned up a little but ill do that when i move the plants into the bigger totes.

3. Ok this is a 4'wide x 30"deep x 5' tall box.

With a 110 Liter per minute pump (way overkill)
    400w hps/mh convertible

heres picture from today

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    ^Nebula
    [​IMG]
    ^White Widow

tons and tons of bubbles in these totes lol if its possible to over do the bubbles i am prolly getting close to that. I just bought the pump so that if i ever wanna go bigger i can. Anyway added new water today had a leak i had to fix. this time i added

35ml Micro, Grow, Bloom,Voodoo Juice, B-52

ph: 5.7

Room Temp: 79-85
    Water Temp: 70-72

4. looks great, what do you use to keep water temperature stable?

5. nice setup. is that aluminum foil? if so..it won't help you much, you should get mylar :)
    also, you running the seedlings on nutes yet or just water?

6. looks good and nice setup to im subbed

7. nothing but frozen water bottles....actually i am having a issue with heat right now and i think is was cause my Huge air pump was inside the room. I moved it outside the room where its alot louder but much cooler. in a dream world i would have a 1/2 hp chiller. However i do not have the funds for it.

running 1/4 strength nutes and i realize people say its early to do that but every time i use AN i always start earlier than most would advise. I find this to be one of the pros of using AN.

and no its not aluminum foil its mylar....problem was i used some of my mylar wrapping paper then i ran out. Bought some more mylar but to put it up was not easy cause i already built the system so its a getto mylar job. lol
    Thanks lillly looking forward to having you around for the show

8. hey whats up man,

you def have a nice setup, the stealthy kind of stuff i'm looking to do myself in the near future. awesome bubbles lol, im not really experienced at all in hydro but that must provide some good aeration for the roots, and your youngins seem to like it.

ive had bad experiences from greenhouse, i bought some super lemon haze and church and the seeds never really rooted and died, so im still on the fence about them, but i hope your white widow turns out decently, the nebula from paradise seems very promising though, i have a strain from them ready to start soon,

subbed and keep us updated!

RC

9. Thanks for compliments! This setup is much nicer than my first one by far.

The white widow seems stunted as of right now and the nebula is growing like crazy. Kinda worried the white widows not gonna make it. Which is weird cause there in the same water.

Anyway
    ph: 5.5-5.7 last couple days
    ppm: 406

wont add anymore nutes till next week gonna change water on the 28th

10. Update: week 2

ph: 5.5-5.7
    ppm: 600s
    water temp: 70-75
    room temp: day 72-82 night 65-75

added cardboard with reflective tape to keep light off the buckets. This dropped the water temp. like 8 degrees was at like 81 now at like 72-74ish all day. Went full strength for seedlings this week as you can tell the white widow is stunted by something idk what happened but im waiting for it to bounce back. Will add full strength veg back to res this week to slowly increase ppms so that next week we can start my official day 1 of veg.

I went ahead and turned on my so called 90w tri band led from ebay about a year ago...figured why not more light and not much of a power draw

Comments or questions welcome

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    ^nebula
    [​IMG]
    ^ white widow

This GHS white widow is disappointing me so far cant believe its actually a day older than the other seed and looks so much different