2nd Grow: White Widow, Ice, and Crystal ;)

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by psychmajor82, Jan 29, 2011.

1. Hello everyone ;)

Once again I am back on here to keep a running journal of my second grow. If you have had the chance to check out my first grow, you will see that this new grow is a huge step up from my first one. After falling in love with my first grow, I decided to step it up and purchased an entirely new system! This grow will be comprised of the following:

5' x 5' x 6.5' Mylar grow tent
    600 Watt Euro Reflector MH/HPS with Digital Ballast
    Digilux 600 watt HPS and MH bulbs
    6" Hydrofarm 450 CFM inline fan with carbon filter
    9 site 2 gallon Ebb and Flow system with 55 gallon reservoir
    6" Ducting
    Hydroton growing medium
    Gen Hydro advanced nutrients
    Digital PPM/Temp/PH reservoir monitor
    (I will also be purchasing a atmosphere controller and CO2 regulator within the next couple weeks, will post pics when I have a chance to install them)

3 White Widow
    3 Ice
    3 Crystal

Here are some pictures of the equipment and how it looks when setup. Seeds are germinating right now, so the fun will start soon!!

Hope that everyone enjoys this grow and your compliments, advice, rep, and opinions are all greatly appreciated!!! Happy growing:smoke:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. that setup is BOSS

3. Thanks a bunch, that comment gives me a warm and fuzzy inside, hahaha ;)

4. Also forgot to mention that I started germinating my seeds on Jan 27, so I am hoping by tomorrow they should be about a 1/4" sprouted. I can see them starting to sprout, but not ready just yet! Also, I will be using a FluoroWing 125 watt CFL and mini green house for the germination phase.

5. Very nice setup. Whats your expected total yield for this setup?

6. nice setup and i was thinking of picking up those bulbs tell me how they do

7. Thanks ;) As far as my yield, I am not too sure yet. This is only my second grow and I have never grown any of these strains before. The info said that they can produce between 450 and 750+ grams per M2, with White Widow being the lowest. I figured that if I can get 5 oz's off of each plant (hope this is possible!!!!) but that would give me a total of 45 oz's, or 2 lbs 13 oz's!! I plan on putting up a scrog in a couple weeks and I'm going to top them all twice, so hopefully I can make this happen :D

Most definitely! They say they're 75,000 lumens and the spectrum looks amazing, so hopefully I can get some huge buds with them:smoke:

8. Where did you get your seeds from? I got a bunch from Nirvana and the White Widow is suuuuper picky when it comes to water and nutes. Keep in mind that less is more!

9. Thanks for letting me in on that! I was a little worried about the nutes with 3 different types of plants, so I think less will definitely be the best bet for this grow. I ordered my seeds from Marijuana Seeds (cannabis Seeds) High Quality Low Prices. They looked pretty good when I got them, and very stealthy shipping. Got 5 seeds for each strain and 3 free EZ Sativa seeds, so I will try those out next time most likely :)

10. Well it's time for a quick update. Not too much has happened since the last time I posted, however, I started germinating my seeds on Jan 27th and they are currently in the rockwool plugs. Have them in a miniature green house under a 125 watt FluoroWing CFL. The seeds are already showing signs of growth and are coming out of the top of the rockwool. Will post pics soon!!

As of today, the plants are 4 days old :smoke:

11. Was wondering if anyone out there would like to share some information on scrogging and topping the plants. Pretty much when to top and when to set up the screen, stuff of that nature. Thanks in advance ;)

12. im growing those exact strains too.

13. i usually let it grow to the 5 leaf set then clip it at the second node

14. I have the same seeds to :)

Also have the other set of three with northern lights, big bud, and something else.

Will have to keep an eye on your thread and make a grow journal of my own.

15. Yeah that's probably what I will end up doing as well. I figured if I can get 4 main colas on each of teh plants, I should make out with a nice harvest!

Thanks for watching, hopefully I can grow some amazing herbs :)

16. Update!

My little girls are now 9 days old and looking quite promising. All 3 of the white widow have sprouted and are about 2 1/2 inches. All 3 of the crystal have also sprouted and are about 2.5" as well. Two of the ice have sprouted and are also looking amazing, however, one of the seeds did not open up, so I had to germinate another :( This shouldn't be too much of a problem, the new seed has already sprouted and is rooting, maybe about an inch long now (root length). Of course I have not introduced any nutrients yet except a very small amount of root booster that I added into the water the rockwool soaked in. Other than that I am watering every other day to prevent over-watering. My lights are on a 24 hour cycle still and the temperature is right around 76 degrees. Have to say, I am getting excited about transplanting the cubes into the buckets so I can see this Ebb system work it's magic :smoke:

Here are some pics I took today to show you what I'm working with. I took the top of the mini-greenhouse off so you can see the seedlings! You can see the one on the far right in the middle is the one that is a few days behind.

Attached Files:

17. im getting excited to. i like catching the begging of journals its like i have a couple other grows going on lol. but looking good keep up the good work

18. Haha, I hear that. Thanks again, will do my best ;)

19. #19 psychmajor82, Feb 6, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2011
    Thought I would post a vid of the new system and explain a little about it. Enjoy ;)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCmWaa_3tfc]YouTube - Indoor Ebb and Flow 9 Site grow: White Widow, Crystal, and Ice[/ame]

20. Good luck man. I love Chrystal. I'm growing one now for the third time. Easy to grow, strong and a huge yielder:).