2nd Grow Underway, Advice Needed

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by muddypools, May 9, 2012.

1. Hey everyone, after an uphill battle with the heat from my grow last year I've fixed up my Rubbermaid box. Got my temps down to 80-85F with the lights on! [​IMG]

My 4 plants are about 3 weeks into veg and are growing VERY fast but I'm not ready for the stink; I need some help picking out a solid fan setup.

Two 35 gallon Rubbermaids
    2 gallon pots approx 10" across
    8 45-watt 6500k CFL bulbs on Y-sockets
    Mylar all around the inside, and weather stripping on the middle
    4" passive intakes and 6" exhaust with 120mm axial fan
    @ 80CFM

http://www.htgsupply.com/Product-Gro...Inline-Fan.asp
    Amazon.com: New Hydropronic 4" Inline Fan With Carbon Filter Combo Odor Control Air Quiet: Patio, Lawn & Garden
    Would these be overkill? It's in a bedroom so I think it might be a little loud. I don't have any kind of hood on the lights but I've made a DIY 6" carbon scrubber, do you guys think it'd be better to mount it above the light fixture or outside of the cab?

Ducting--Fan--[Filter] or Ducting--Fan--Filter--[ ]

Here's the babes as they sit now, Appreciate any help![​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. Another thing, is it ok for my very bottom leaves to be turning yellow on the edges at this point? Haven't done any nutes yet but I'm about to order some.

3. This calculator will help you figure out your exhaust needs.
    The exhaust fan calculator
    Mount the filter inside your grow space as high as possible so it removes hot air and odor. Also inline fans are much more efficient at pulling air than pushing it so ideally the fan will be last in your line. [Filter]---Ducting----Fan
    This will maximize airflow. Also ducting should be as straight and short as possible to also maximize airflow. Since your running CFL's, you won't have to worry too much about bending these rules to fit your needs.
    As for the leaves turning yellow, this is normal with no nuts. The plant is starting to drain the nutrients from the lower leaves and transfer it to the new growth on top. You'll be fine for now, just be sure to feed them as soon as you get your nutz because the yellowing will spread with time.
    Other than that your plants look sexy so far, good luck! ;)

4. Thanks for the link! If my current exhaust fan cycles the air 4 times per minute with no filter, do you think it'll work with one?

5. Yup it should still work great

6. Nice plants, how old from seed they look like they have grown fast. I'm just curious to compare.