2nd grow-Scrog method-Which plants?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by uscalus storm, Dec 7, 2012.

1. #1 uscalus storm, Dec 7, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2012
    So I have one complete grow under my belt! Maui Waui x Hawaii and blackjack. I attempted to take clones without success, unless these last two Maui Waui actually root soon but I have little hope. I started two seeds which seem to have been stunted by some fungus and have not sprouted.

My plan is to grow another two strains under a canopy but not that these two seeds have failed I'm curious which i should do next.

Setup:
    250W MH veg and HPS for flower with additional (4) CFLs. SIP method with a total grow area of 2.5-3ft depending on light setup.

If you vote, and have some suggestion as to why you chose the specific strain, please let me know why!

Thanks. ;)

2. in my opinion autos are not suitable for ScrOG growing because their veg time simply isn't long enough to get any benefit from the ScrOG method

I like white widow, great smoke, very potent, and very resilient to dampening off so great for cloning

3. Yeah I just threw them up there because these are the only seeds I have. The autos and WW were actually freebies! So if i did do the WW i'd wanna take clones like a mofo.
    Do you think perhaps I should just do one seed/plant? I was kind of hoping for another larger harvest before March so I can pay for some things that need taken care of.

I wanted to save some of these seeds to for the future, especially Maui Waui so as strains get lost I can say i got some OS genetics :D

4. Alright maybe I should have posted this elsewhere. No one has any suggestions on two companion strains?

I mean it's a poll for Christ sakes :p :rolleyes:

5. White Widow
    thats what i just started

6. Oh what a great reason as to why.

Fuckin get real.

I currently have LSD and WW in my mother tent, and the remaining ww clones I may not even flower. Plants not bad, but kind of slow growth and yields did not impress me either... the LSD on the other hand seems to be a real grower! Takes lst and top/fim like a champ! Think the plant actually likes to be tortured.

How much space are you scrogging out?

7. #7 uscalus storm, Dec 8, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2012
    Haha, wanna send them my way? ;) It'll be faster than starting these seeds thats for sure.

My grow room is 4.5X4X4.5. Small I know. Click the link below just to see a few pictures. They're in SIPS and my current grow was really difficult to do anything with as far as maneuverability since once they stretched all over I couldn't remove them from the room and it just got out of control. I'll have a total of 3 ft of plant space to the top to grow with. So I'd assume 6"-1' under the screen. The screen itself I'd probably only go from wall to wall and then half the grow space (4.5x2.5-3ft) unless i put up the HPS in one corner and the MH in the other and do both lights for flower. Once I have the SIPS on an autowater system I have no reason to get towards the back unless something goes wrong. In which case perhaps I'd just tear down the wall closest to me lol.

Perhaps LSD and another Maui Waui would be ideal.

I have two Maui Waui Clones but they're in rockwool, it's been a week, and no roots yet :(

8. Thc bomb is the shit and clones easy..short and huge yield 100% indica

9. Oh saw ur poll..i would do cheese

10. Cheese and what else? :p

11. when I start a new plant I sow at least 10 seeds, take clones and flower them. weight up all the different characteristics and pick the best female. bin the males and flower off all the other females. then keep my super female in her own box and take clones off her to flower

the problem with just starting one plant is it might bit shit. starting as many as you can gives you a far better chance of ending up with a great plant. I have kept some plants for about 6 years. if your going to invest that sort of time you need to make sure its a good one

12. Well I have a few issues. First of all all my seeds came from Nirvana and most are feminized. I started 4 plants originally, lost one to something after the first week after sprout. Could have been just too damp, as the cotyledon never even got a chance to open up. Then I lost one after like week 5-6 due to some sort of fungas I would assume.

Otherwise from the beginning they were perfect and the last two were female. I don't have enough seeds nor the money to plant a ton. If one fails, I'll just keep the one, sex it, and take more clones for later. I mean if i start 4 seeds now, and these two clones make it, I'll have 6 plants. I definitely can't grow 6 plants...I dont think :p

I'll just start two more LSD and then clone the best ones.