2nd Grow... Rubbermaid Hydro Farm

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by Retroshark, Jul 23, 2007.

1. they look amazing, that setup is working much better than i thought it would.

you should put some light traps over the fans so it is complete darkness in the 12/12.. i think it could screw things up to have light in the dark period

2. my bet if 4 females to one male, maybe even 5 females... basically, 4 stink and all have femalish growth patterns (aka lots of new tops groing at each node) and the stems are getting thicker by about 1mm per day. they are so healthy, i am a very very happy man right now. they seem to be showing no signs of nutrient deficiencies, so i am not dumping the res yet. ill wait until this weekend at the latest. that way ill be able to give them their proper amounts of nutrients now that they are flowering.

3. Well technically you don't have to dump the res until you addback the amount of water you initially put in there, you can save it until you absolutely need to increase the strength. That is a good thing about the plants not drinking like crazy when they are small, you don't have to mess with it nearly as much if at all.

Glad they are doing well though, can't wait to see how she does in flower! :D

4. holy shit dude... those babies are shooting up fast.:smoking:

5. yessir. in fact, here are updates!!

i knew it would happen, but today, i walk into my room after getting home, and man, it smelled like fresh buds in there. and it wasnt my stash. the plants are starting to smell very very strong. i will be building my filter tomorrow and maybe even tonight if i get time after work. here are some photos. these are 2 days appart from the last ones, so you can see the extreme growth! also, i picked up an ounce from my dude, and hes like yo, i got a present for you!

at first i was like what? free weed??? but it was better. he handed me 7 seeds from the half pound of OJ he just picked up. this stuff is strait from cali, its dank beyond beleif, but i know i can grow it 10x better in my hydro setup then those outdoor grows. so, i now have 7 seeds for my next grow!!!! i am so happy, i cant beleive he gave me them! it must be because last week i had some hydrocodones and i gave him one for free, which he was happy about. i love weed!!!

here are the babes:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. lookin great! keep up the good work.

7. I cant believe how easy you have made this work. This setup is brilliant I will def be trying this out if I can find those rubbermaid type tubs in the UK.

8. oh god... i just checked on them and holy siht... they have all grown by 2 inches. the lame plant has finally started massing a root ball and dropping its roots into the res, which is great, cause as soon as it gets the roots down there, itll blow up. the other 4 are just shooting up. the biggest leave is about 8-10 inches across id imagine! its huge! the bottom of the biggest plant must be about half an inch thick now. it is fattening up fast. the middle one has so much under growth and bud sites, its impossible to see the stem. as soon as i can get to the store, im gonna have to get a screen in there. by next week theyll be hitting the lights id imagine. i think im going to have a hard time controlling these monsters... but im down for the challenege!!!

9. they're looking great man!!

Love the enthusiasm :D:D

10. ok so i just checked em again... man, not a single pistil yet. kind of anxxious to see at least one female. i cant understand why after 2 weeks of flowering, there are no signs of sex yet, but i guess the fact that they fuckin stink is good enough for now. again, the plants have grown another inch or so upwards. they are getting very very big. the leaves are just sooo nice to look at, way healthier than my outdoors were last time. also, im about to drop some acid, so expect a lot of pictures later, im about to get my trip on.

11. They have to mature enough to flower, that's the only reason it's taking longer. Clones that take a week to 10 days come from a mature plant, and plants vegged for a month are the same way. They just have to be mature and then they will flower.

12. i just aborted a hydro grow with a nearly identical resevoir but only 6 net cups. 6 plants was too many for the space i had (10 gal sterlite container from wally world), they were all overgrowing each other and fighting for light at around 6" tall. I would try 4 tops in that resevoir and try to put them in cups as far apart as possible. of course if you sex them early and remove males, perhaps it's the perfect amount of space for the remaining females. who knows, keep us posted whatever you decide :)

13. i plan to grow 8 females in there, and do it successfully. that is my goal, and it will be achieved

14. I guess the big question at this point is... Why? Do you need to find out first hand why we are saying it's not a good idea?

I mean be our guest and all, but why do you think more plants would be better?

15. because id have more weed, and i honestly think the system can support it based on the outrageous growth ive already seen. i think with 8 smaller plants, it would be a lot more manageable than 4 huge ones, which is pretty much what im facing.

16. It won't yeild more because each plant will not get as much light. It may be easier to manage but even that might cost you in the end when your root systems get big.

It's been stressed over and over on this thread but do it the way you want. I'd like to see what happens either way.

17. hows work on the carbon scrubber?
    i think you'll be able to handle the 8 after you put the screen in.

when do you come back next? my friend bought an 1500 dollar roor, so il try and get a time so you could possibly hit it.

18. wtf kind of roor cost that much???

ill be back over thanksgiving, with my plants freshly harvested. quite convenient.

19. haha thats more than convienient... can't wait to see the buds start appearing
    oh and i just uploaded the pictures of the roor onto my computer so ill post those soon.

hows the acid trip?

20. its a 3 foot collectors edition ROOR that has a 4-5 inch section with 3-d art and shiva glass, then it goes to a bubble bottom with a 2 inch cone stand on the bottom, it has 2 custom diffusers, a 'party' bowl with 3d artwork and a personal bowl with a claw like look

and yes that is quite convenient.