2nd grow. reserva privada purple wreck dna lemon haze. cfl/led. help as always plz

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by kayakush, May 16, 2012.

1. #1 kayakush, May 16, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2012
    hey all you smokers and jokers,
    this is my 2nd grow attempt. the first was a total learning experience with bagseed and i grew one plant and it was a female. the bud was alright. this time i have a freebie i got from an order at herbies headshop, the fem purple wreck from reserva privada. the pictures were taken today, about 6 days after germination. i have about 150w cfl lighting and a 135w blackstar led. i am using fox farms ocean forest and botincare for veg and bloom with tiger. bloom as well. right now its just growing, not too tall but leafy. any suggestions, comments, questions welcome.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. i was thinking of using yarn and LSTing this plant. is it too early and how do i got about it without hurting it. thanks

3. i looked at the sticky on LST and it was very old and the pics were gone. so, any ideas on how i can LST with just yarn and how should i go about it, when, where etc. thanks

4. #4 Bongsauce, May 16, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2012
  5. If you're considering topping it, I would do it now and it should turn into a nice, stout bush.

6. count me in, plant looks great :bongin:

7. i am not planning on topping it. i am looking to lst with my yarn. i hope it is a bush

8. thanks...its only been a short time. i want a bush. germinating lemon haze as we speak

9. #9 kayakush, May 21, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2012
    yeah all u smokers and jokers. so i dropped the lst as i tried it with yarn and the next day i went to check on it the cfl fixture dropped and burned about half of the seedling. very upset. but anyway here is a pic. i also have 1 bagseed sprout and another that has not popped thru. i also have a fem dna lemon haze that has been in a pot for two days but hasnt popped yet. i moved my operations to my attic as the armoire was too small for my 2nd grow attempt. the bagseed are going outside in 2-3 weeks and the 2 dna lemon haze and half burnt rp purple wreck are staying up there. i am having temperature issues in the attic as the temps reach 100F on a 85 degree day and drop to 65-72 when the sun sets. do u guys think the purple wreck will recover? i am pissed at myself as it was a nice plant. here is a pic from day 10 on the purple wreck and day 2 on the bagseed. any advice welcome.............

purple wreck partially burnt seedling day 10

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

bagseed day 2

[​IMG]

10. anyone got any ideas on how the purple wreck will fair? it has pretty much received the damage but is growing, but some of the old growth is done for. suggestions? also what about the temp in the attic. i got fans but its hot and the soil dries up pretty quickly. anyone help a beginner again?

11. I think it will be fine...probably just topped itself.

On the heat is it's hard to say...maybe try exhausting more heat out of the attic or transplanting to a slightly bigger container which will take a little longer to dry out. Maybe leaving the plants in a tray with a little runoff will help keep them moist too....just make sure they drink it or it drys out by the next day so that they're not sitting in a swamp all the time ;)

12. yeah, accidental topping without scrissors!! i hope she is fine but i am upset that the lemon haze has not popped in 2-3 days. anyway, i will b transferring to 1 gallon camo pots or directly to five gallon pots. i thru another purple wreck fem just to add to the stock. the attic thing is that is not in the finished part of the attic, the plants are in a ventilation duct area where there is a floor, light source, outlets and the roof line above me. i got 6 fix height by 10x10 floor space or more.

13. so heres an update. day 6 from the last post. the plant did have issues then grew back nicely. it is getting taller.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. be careful. this sucker can get to 5 feet easy.

15. i dont think it will grow that tall....but i hope is does

16. heres another update...10 days since last pics....plant is growing well, it is about 9-10 inches tall and bushy. i transplanted into a 5 gallon camo pot 3 days ago and she likes it. heres a few pics. tell me what you think

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. what kind of camera do you use?

18. a 6 year old sony dsc carl zeiss...why do u ask?

19. no love for my little grow??? comments, advice, insults welcome

20. talking to myself probably, but you experienced growers out there, should i start feeding veg nutes to the purple wreck now even though i transplanted into a 5 gallon camo pot with fox farms ocean forest? maybe decrease the dose? the plant is about 21 days or so from seed. i really want this plant to grow healthy so i can have a surprise for my birthday in a few months