2nd grow questions

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by phyer, Apr 27, 2012.

1. #1 phyer, Apr 27, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2012
    Wassup blades, 2nd timer here trying not to fuck up so much this time around. Last year I started 6 plants in my closet but they died after a few weeks due to ventilation problems. I spent a good amount of money on supplies so I figured I could use them this time around.

My supplies include potting soil, perlite, verniculite, bat guano, dolomite, and 2 types of nutes along with 15 seeds of easy sativa. I've got a nice spot close to home and Im gonna start germinating in a few days but want to get a bit help from you guys at the city. Aight so...

1. Can I start my plants outside? Im going to germinate inside but if I move them out right away can I expect at least a few of the 15 to survive? (I cant ventilate my closet except opening it a few times a day)

2. Can I start the plants in a soil mixture with bat guano and worm castings in it or should I wait to add them?

3. When it rains should I put a tarp over them when they are just beginning. Are they def going to drown if I dont?

2. My advice would be start them indoors, get 3-4 leaf sets before exposing them to the elements.
    If your going to grow outside you DEFINITELY want some sort of animal/insect repellent.
    As for soil, id say save the trouble and buy some FoxFarms Ocean Forest.
    It has everything your plant needs for a few weeks.
    You may just want to add some perlite if you want, I never used it.
    And never had a problem not using it.
    When it comes down to it, cannabis is still a weed they can be grown in harsh conditions.
    That being said as long as your not having like a flood or something I wouldn't worry about the rain.

3. No problems with the back to back hurricanes last year? You got lucky.

4. No problems in RI with hurricanes.
    If anything we'll get heavy winds, and possibly heavy rain.
    I we actually do get hit with a hurricane we'd get screwed saying RI is 17% water (highest percentage in the U.S.)