2nd grow- new problems.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by MeanMclean, Sep 25, 2011.

1. Hi all,
    First let me say how great GC is!! Some of you have given me some great advice so far.
    My first grow went as smooth as slik with no issues other than the noob heat issue to start. :)
    My second grow however is some what different.
    I've had my first hermie! (plant that is! ;) on my big bud fem'd seeds. Was a freebie from summer promo from attitude this year. (the free ten seed one!)
    And now a little curling up on the leafs, by reading some old posts it looks like I may have over fed the plant with too much nutes.
    My question is what is the best way to correct my error!
    Should I flush it? Or not feed for a long while and just water only. Or let the soil go dry and then one big water?
    All my plants are in there 3rd week of flowering.
    Here's a pic of the curling burnmese kush.

Thanks in advance and keep on toking! 

Attached Files:

2. Leaf edges curling up like that, or tacoing, is cause by heat stress or magnesium deficiency. To many nutes would be burns at the ends of the leaf tips, which i'm not seeing.

What medium are you using? Did you add lime? What nutes are you using? What kind of light and what is the distance from the plant? What are your temps?

3. [quote name='"qualitysense"']Leaf edges curling up like that, or tacoing, is cause by heat stress or magnesium deficiency. To many nutes would be burns at the ends of the leaf tips, which i'm not seeing.

What medium are you using? Did you add lime? What nutes are you using? What kind of light and what is the distance from the plant? What are your temps?[/quote]

Temps never go over 87f may get the occasional spike at 90f low temp is 67-63f

Here's a pic of the nutes I'm using. About 20ml every 6 litres of ph balanced water.

Attached Files:

4. Temps may be too high and I have no idea if your nutes have micronutes as well as the NPK. Does it say on the bottle if it has any magnesium? I looked it up a little and couldn't find anything about whats actually in the nutes.

5. [quote name='"qualitysense"']Temps may be too high and I have no idea if your nutes have micronutes as well as the NPK. Does it say on the bottle if it has any magnesium? I looked it up a little and couldn't find anything about whats actually in the nutes.[/quote]

No nothing on the bottle. Used the same stuff with my first grow with no issues what so ever.
    I'm wondering if this kush strain is a little more sensitive than the others in my room.
    So I've taken on what you've said and turned on the fan to suck some fresh air straight in to lower the temp a little in the room. Also had a re jig on where the plants are and put the kush on the cooler side of the room.
    Any idea on recovering time from this sort of heat stress?

6. The leaves that are affected may not recover, but you shouldn't notice any problems with new growth.

7. [quote name='"qualitysense"']The leaves that are affected may not recover, but you shouldn't notice any problems with new growth.[/quote]

Damn I hope not. That will be alot of dead leaves. :(

8. They don't look dead in the picture, just damaged. They should still be providing their function.