2nd Grow, New Box, Mazari, Power Africa, Super Lemon Haze, Red Dragon

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by docmojoman, May 10, 2009.

1. #1 docmojoman, May 10, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2009
    Whuddup GC!?

Those who know me already know that I am in the process of getting my new NBG style grow box up and running. In it, I have:

1. a flower room 2' x 2' x 2.75' with 220 watts PL fluorescent or 2g11 (as I prefer to call it) & 1 all red led panel. It has an adjustable intake and a shelving system
    2. a mother room 1.5' x 2' x 2.75' with four HO T5s 3 6700k 1 2700k. It also has adjustable intake and adjustable shelving system
    3. a clone/veg room 1' x 1.5' x 1.5' with 3 24w 6700k cfls and 1 2700k cfl. It also has an adjustable intake.
    You can check out the design in detail in the thread listed in my sig: PROJECT #2: Code Name Mother Earth

Inspired by DrBudGreengenes's sog-type method, my objective is to have this baby putting out mature plants every two weeks or so! I know this is a big undertaking, but I am up for the challenge!

Although this cab is not entirely complete, I am ready to get this party started!

2. #2 docmojoman, May 10, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2009
    Here's the guts of my box - I don't have pic showing the whole set up right now, but I wanted to post a pic that illustrates the whole set-up.

[​IMG]

These are my soon to be mothers! The strains I selected are Marzari from Seedsman, Power Africa from Seedsman, Red Dragon from Barney's Farm, and Super Lemon Haze from Green House! All of the seeds are feminized I used these criteria to base my selctions on:

- Some type of respected cup winner
    - a Sativa
    - a Hash Producer
    - an African strain (I once lived there)
    - a popular modern hybrid

Here are some pics of my new soon-to-be moms, a few pics of some nugs I have drying in the mom room box, and a few more current shots of the box!

Attached Files:

3. Looking real good bro. Let me know how that Red Dragon comes out. I really want some of that stuff. Maybe I'll order some if you give it a good review

4. Yeah mon! I used to live in the PI (Philippines) and used to get that Thai weed. Red Dragon sounded like a winner.:D

5. Good stuff bro.

Interested in that Super Lemon Haze, just started a few moms of it and will be running it in my next grow. Any advise on the strain would be much appreiciated.

Subscribed:smoking:

6. Right now I'm waiting on some Barney's Farm Night Shade. High THC content, flowers for 60 days, mostly indica. Sounds perfect for my SOG to be:D

7. Fo' sho! Just stick around!

Night Shade - I hope it's aptly named!

8. I love indicas! I hate being incapacitated, but at the same time I love just chilling the fuck out. I guess thats because my life is so hectic. If this shit puts me to sleep, I'm all for it. Haha.

Its actually going to be a multi strain grow. Besides the Night Shade, I will also be growing 2 White Widow, 1 Quicksilver, and 1 Power Skunk.

9. The a/c man is coming this thurs. - that means I have to get this new box UP AND RUNNING - no more half stepping! I finally installed the latch/lock on the veg/clone room, so all I have left to do to get it up and running is:

- re-do the air/light seal on the bottom of the flower room
    - make room for the new unit in my office space (out of the way, easy to shut off)
    - vent exhaust out widow
    - create mounting system for computer fans (optional)

10. #10 docmojoman, May 26, 2009
    Okay - bc of the a/c man, I've had to get this new box up-n-runnin' and I am glad I did! I re-did the air/light seal on the bottom of the flower room & made room and moved the unit into my office space.

I've moved three of the last four plants from my last grow into this box. My sativa which hopefully has a few more weeks will stay in the old box by herself so she can enjoy the extra space!

Any-hew! Here's a couple of new pics!

remaining from my checklist:

- vent exhaust out widow
    - create mounting system for computer fans (optional)

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

11. #11 docmojoman, May 27, 2009
    I built a little heater to go under my seedlings. I just put a 23w cfl in a box and voila! A new heater!

Attached Files:

12. Nice heater mang.:hello::cool:

13. #13 docmojoman, May 27, 2009
    My sativa and one of my others. I upped the nutes on my sativa, and she's lovin' it! Here's a couple of pics.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

14. Thanks, and thanks for stoppin' by!

15. #15 docmojoman, May 27, 2009
    Here's an update of my Mazari (hopefully) mom. She may be too young to take clones from, but I can see that this LST method is giving me some good potential cutting sites already. This will be my first attempt at cloning, so I am pretty nervous.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

16. nice strain list man.... self n my buddy just crossed out power africa off the list, ill be keeping an eye on what we missed!!!

17. look good dude! that red dragon does sound interesting :smoking: ill be sure to keep updated with this one, Also got some SLH that i will be trying after my hashberry so it will be nice to see that one flower :hello:

18. Sure thing man! What made your list?

Be sure to let me know how that hasberry turns out! Will you be makin' hash? I got the Mazari with hash making in mind! :smoking:

19. i didnt plan on usin the buds for hash this time around but im not sure yet, we'll have to see how much i yeild :D but ill def make a little bit anyways, ill prolly use the dried leaves n wat not to make a lower end hash and shit, i got a plant NAMED Hashberry so yea fuk it ill def make some hash out of the buds regardless lol.. ill be stayin tuned in ill let u kno when that special time comes when im about to make some and give u a smoke report :smoking: ETA 3 months.. :eek:

20. Doh! Your strain list is in your sig! ...Lunchin'!