2nd grow, led.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Grandsouls, Jan 18, 2018.

1. I’m on my way of beginning my second grow. Will be growing hash plant (so I’m told) and some other bag seed.
    Plans are 300w cob led ( 1800 led watts 300 real watts used. )
    In a 2x4 tent.
    Light and tent will be arriving next week!
    Here are some of the seedlings popping out of the soil more to come soon!!!!!
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  2. How many plants do you plan on growing?

3. Not sure right now goal is to have 6-8 female flower, started quite a few as there regular / and bag seeds.

In the end hoping to have some kind of sog goin on

• Like Like x 1
  4. The reason I asked is because with that light and space, two would be about it. Good luck. :)

• Like Like x 2
  5. Thank you! So excited! :)
    Plan on doing more of sog style I don’t plan on doing veg for long as well will add cfls if needed.

6. My thoughts too. 17 plants. Even if half are males, 7 or 8 in a 2x4 tent is going to bust the seams on the tent.

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. Haha ok maybe I’ll take that into consideration that you :). We’ll play it by ear!

8. [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Good news the new tent came in 5 days early maybe my light tomorrow ? :D
    I have concern for some of my plants two of the 12 that have popped from earth seem to have there first “set of leaves” ( I forget what they’re technically called ) dried up look rather ugly? And others are kind of yellow and pail? Any suggestions? Maybe over watering ?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum[​IMG][​IMG]

9. They are barely out of the ground - a day under light and they will green up.

10. Alrighty m8 haha...
    As for the other seeds theres a few that are popping but I don’t think many more are going to about what time would you give up on a seed to germinate? (5 days now)

11. But with seedlings ( like these ) should I still let first inch or so dry before I water again?

12. #12 Grandsouls, Jan 19, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2018
    [​IMG]
    New led cob light came in and holy shit does it ever hurt my eye! Feels to the eyes brighter than a 400w mh that’s for sure.
    Super stoked!
    Seedlings on the other hand look not impressed by my care at all. From germinating to planting I feel I fucked up on these bad some how I guess we will see how she goes !

13. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Iv poked holes into the soil to help dry air them out better with a straw.
    Any tips for adding heat? My tent is only sitting at 65-68/69 when the furnace is on its rather cold... would it be over kill to put two of the cfls back in to add supplement heat to the tent? This led gives fuck all for heat

• Like Like x 1
  14. Had some coffee and tokes and had a brain storm I came up with this [​IMG][​IMG]
    It’s a ceramic heater it fits in any kind of light fixture ( heat resistant obviously ) it’s used in the world of keeping reptiles to help maintain a proper ambient temp I wire and threw in a small fan under it free spinning ( not really focused air at all just to rotate and get air moving ) hopefully this does the trick!

• Like Like x 1
  15. If it goes above what I want for temp, I will add a herp stat ( something that controls heat tape/ wire / or this ceramic heater ) so it will only kick on when needed win !

16. [​IMG]
    Temps running much better as well soil losing moister! Hopefully I have a few fighters that will survive my stupidity of over watering

17. I believe we have almost the exact same lights. My cobs are white though (cant tell if yours is cause i see a slight purple glow I think lol). Grabbed it off amazon pretty cheap. Great light so far though. first plant under them is about 9oz. Was able to max out the par with a meter and add Co2.

If they're in the same tent that you're going to keep them in, why not just start straight in fabric pots? You wont have to worry about over watering and you wont have to go through possible stunt of transplanting.

I've been letting my girls dip at night to 60 degrees and up to 86f in the day. I enclosed the tent, cutting off the intake of new air, added Co2 and heat was easier to keep under control. Humidity was harder though.

• Like Like x 1
  18. #18 Grandsouls, Jan 20, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2018
    Humidity and temps both on huge downfall, 22 humidity and 60-67 degrees without heat emitter, with it back up to 77-82 so that’s good.
    Nice that’s good to hear! I’m excited to see what I can do with it if it Vegs my plants impressively I will buy a second for flowering! I think I will regardless rather impressed with how blinding this light is compared to a two metal halides running.. either way it’s 300 REAL watts 1800 led watts, should do the trick !
    I’m glad I’m not crazy I saw tiny bit of purple hue as well, online says there is couple uv chips? I know reptile uv / uva lights generally have tiny bit purple tint.

I have to keep my tent shut all the way ( except two flaps maybe a 1-2 inch gap for fresh air to travel into, its also by my furnace that released small amounts of co2 hopefully some goes into it ) too to keep humidity and heat in, is co2 a challenging / expensive thing to go about ? With c02 do you not need fresh air so to speak?

Edit / add:
    I planted a rather large amount of seeds there just regular seeds as well lots didn’t look very good either so I was planing on doing a shit ton and letting em grow then keep strongest / survivor females( still pissed off about my over watering I know better! ..) and then transplanting into there large pots and let them flower and blossom.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Oh crx cob light! Yup that’s what mine was sold as too! :p cheers

20. Congrats on the 2nd grow!
    My current is my 4th.
    When are you hoping to start flower?
    Beginning of March?