2nd grow...Follow Along

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by uptop, Apr 9, 2006.

1. Hey this is my second grow my first one was dumb i got all males and only let them veg for 1 month. So now i'm back and growing two (yes i know its dumb to only have two) They are about one week old right now, a little more, and are about a foot under a 250w HPS. I'm going to transplant them to 5 gallons later today, i'll update later. Please leave and suggestions or comments if you think you can help me out!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    As you can see this one ^^ is pretty retarded, any ideas why? I had both of the sprouts under cfl's for the first 2 days and they streched like a mother fucker. The stems are pretty sturdy now that i have had a fan on them.

2. wow due those plants are seriously stretched LOL. that has gotta be one of the most ghetto grow-rooms i have seen. i really dont want it to seem as if im ragging on you or anything, just trying to help. 1st, does that room even have a door close to the plants? if not then you are going to lose a cruicla amount of light (which you cant afford to do with a 250hps.)2nd, you have NO reflective surfaces in there, which is silly as you could double the amount of light your plants are receiving at the moment, if you had very good reflectivity. and the 250 may not really be enough when the plant is flowering (assuming you get a fem that is, which i hope you do :) ) and about the light-tightness again, you are putting the 12 hour dark period in jepoardy if you have no definate way of containing the light. once again, i do not wish to put you down or rag on you or anything, im just trying my best to give all the help i can. hope some of this helps!
    Just Blaze It.....

3. Hey thanks for the advice, they are in an closed room, so thats not really a problem. I have fans and everything bringing in cool air. Also i'm trying to find some reflective surfaces but i can't seem to find anything, i have 5-6 huge pieces of posterboard (white) would that work?

4. better then nothing, but i mean, you need to look into something like Mylar or getting a shitload of tinfoil (dull side out) to cover around the plants... you are loosing a ton of light and the lights are WAY too far away from the plants...thats why they are stretching. Drop the light a bit, get a fan in close to the plants (*to keep the lights from burning the canopy) and get some reflective surface!

FLEX

5. ive got two words shiny giftwrap

6. Mylar is worth its weight in gold.

We used to use tinfoil in our first loft grows, but we got a load of mylar for the last grow and the difference is amazing. The colas just grow into the mylar and the extra bud is plain to see. As others have said, you're losing far too much light there, I would put some big planks of wood around, and cover them in your reflective stuff.

Seriously though, mylar isn't that expensive, and you can order it online.

edit - the stretch isn't that bad, just try and bury an extra inch or so of the stem if you can. Sometimes it just happens - the grow I've just done I had 15 seedlings in a tray all under the same fairly intense light. One of them stretched about 2 or 3" more than the others for no apparent reason, then went on to grow up just fine.

7. aight i repotted them into 5 gallon pots, started germing 2 more i have to go pick up some more soil for my new seedlings + to add some more to the 5 gallon pots cause 2 new bags + my old bag was barely enough for two. The good news is im gonna get a better fan in there and im gonna go look for some wrapping paper or something.

8. Still don't have any reflection but i'm contemplating buying a roll of mylar online. Moved the plants closer to the light and added another fan so they each have one. Will check tomorrow for results.

9. seriously man go with the mylar. you WILL NOT regret it. keep us posted anyways!!
    Just Blaze It.....

10. To help with stretching you could go back to the CFL's for awhile.. I know you said you thought they streched b/c ofthat but you should be okay with putting the cfl's about an inch away from the plants.. try that

11. yeah I was just going to say that..... that 'room' could be bad ass with some mylar a couple 4ft flouros in the corners and a HPS thats like my little dream corner right there

12. Ok today both of my seeds germinated so now i'm gonna have 4 plants goin. My retard plant is looking terrible. It is still growing at the same speed as the other one but it's leaves are all deformed and miscolored. It is getting the exact same care as the other plant, which is looking great! I'll take pics when my new sprouts come in hopefully tomorrow or thursday.

13. UPDATE WOW! It's been a long time folks! Before you read the rest of this post, i want every grower out there to know NEVER TO USE MIRACLE GROW SOIL. damn that soil. My one plant is so fert burned from that shit, i went out today and bought normal organic potting soil with no ferts in it. Put my 2 babies in it, but i can't figure out what to do with my 2 bigger plants, i want to get them out of that miracle grow, but i dont have anything to set the plant in while i change the soil. Anyway here are some pics!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. you need another fan if all you have is those pc fans. like a nice oscillating fan would be perfect

15. i know i keep forgetting to grab one when i go to kmart to buy all these pots and soil.

16. update: Got some white mylar today and other reflectives from my dad's work today. It's alot brighter now! The large plants are about a month old, and the smaller ones are a little over a week old. The one is still getting fert burned badly, i haven't watered in 4 days i'm waiting for them to droop then im gonna flush the miracle grow ones. I'll get pics up later tonight.