2nd grow. Coco, Hempy's, LED. Nirvana Northern Lights and Blue Mystic

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by tastebud, Oct 4, 2011.

1. Two-One. Thanks man.

dannydakota. I am still interested in autos. In fact, next run, I've got some NL fem auto, Easyrider fem auto, and Autobomb fem auto to try. This grow, being only my second grow to date, I wanted to see if I could improve my method with the same strains as my first grow. I do like these strains very much. I'll definitely be doing them again in the future too.

SoCalCloset. Thanks for following along over here. I checked out your new grow. Its awesome. I wish you the best with it. I'll stay tuned. I wish that I could do something that size. But, I gotta stay small. Good for you man.

Gaiaguy. Thank you as always for the advice. The led's are at 10" from the tops. They seem to be working great at that height too.

The mylar is a good idea. That makes perfect sense. I may try it next grow. This time around, the cfls won't fit on the sides any more anyway. Right now just using them for a source of normal looking light. The led's by themselves are pretty weird looking when trying to examine the plants. The cfl's help to give some white light just for me to see better.

I think that I'm going to be just fine on height too this time around.

My fan is rated at 424 cfm. The set was a 6" fan and filter combo. So, I assume the filter is rated for the same. It's way better than the 4" fan and filter combo that I was using. Even with the cfl's, my cab stays the same temp as the temp outside the cab without fail.

Thanks to all of you guys for following along. I will update later today with current pics. I got my first pistils today. On all of the plants at the same time this time around. I'm pretty excited. Peace.

2. :wave:Here's an update.

10/26 Day 31. Day 10 of 12/12. Day 1 of first week of flowering.

Temp 84. RH 35%.

All measurements per one gallon.
    GH Flora micro 4 ml, grow 2 ml, bloom 8 ml. Florablend 5 ml, Diamond nectar 5 ml, Calmag 5 ml.

TDS 825 ppm.

Pruned some of the inner fans to let light in. Tied down the tallest branches a little yesterday to open up the middle and make more even in height. They have already turned back upwards. Got my first pistils today on all of the plants. So, flowering begins. Here are current pics. Thanks for following along. Cheers.

Attached Files:

3. Beautiful bushes TB. Pretty soon, you'll have a mini-jungle in there.:smoke:

4. Pulling up a chair. Looks like we're at the same time flowering wise. Should be nice to compare buds :) Nice grow!!

5. SoCalCloset,
    Thanks. Im looking forward to some mini jungle action.

6. Drdank50,
    Thanks for checking out my grow. I just checked out your thread as well. Your plants look great. I am very interested in comparing buds. It will be interesting to see how your defoliating technique goes. Cheers.

7. tastebud,

Nice grows man. You have some nice buds there. I saw you were considering autos, that was my original intention as well. However, I found that keep a mom and cutting some clones and doing a SOG was much better to get yield and potency. It takes a "from seed" much longer to fully mature (as a plant), but taking a clone it instantly matures and you can veg them to 7" and flower. You'll see pre-flowers at 5-7" and you run them in 2 liter bottles.

You'll be able to pack more in that area and keep even height on the light. They'll all grow at the same pace and you can start another batch of a clones as the others finish a month of flowering. After 2 months you replenish.

8. Hey dude your girls are looking great!

9. Hey drdank50,

Thanks for the advice about clones vs. seed. I'm ok with growing from seed. I grow small for my own personal use. I don't mind the added time. I don't want to get into keeping mothers right now. Maybe in the future though. I'll keep your advice in mind.

Hey Jesstany,

Glad to hrear from you. I checked out your update. Your plants look great. Keep it up.

Here's an update.

Day 34. Day 13 of 12/12. Day 4 of the first week of flowering.

Temp 71. RH 25%. All Measurements per one gallon. PH 5.8. TDS 870 ppm.

GH micro 5 ml, grow 0, bloom 10 ml. Florablend 5 ml, Diamond nectar 5 ml, Calmag 5 ml.

Did some pretty serious pruning of fans today to get light to all bud sites. Tied down a little more to open up the middle. I know a lot of people don't like removing fan leaves, but I think it helps me. There is way more light to all of the bud sites now and plenty of leaves still on the plants IMO. I am now going to leave them alone and let them start producing buds. Thanks for following along.

Here are current pics.

Attached Files:

10. Sexier and sexier by the day TB, nice high-five.

11. Glad I stumbled upon this thread. Pulling up a chair and watching. Looking good sir.

12. Thanks guys. I appreciate it. Just ordered some more beans to have on hand. Nirvana had a deal I couldn't pass up. I got 5 fem Jock Horror and they come with 5 free fem NYPD Diesel. 10 fem beans for the price of 5. Pretty sweet. Also got 5 Wonder Woman fem. Been wanting to try that one for while now. Have family that grow too. I'm going to pass some of these along to them to try. They give me some of their finished product and I give them some of mine too. It's fun for us to compare and share. The variety will be nice. Have any of you guys tried any of these strains?

13. Out of NL and BM which one smokes better?

14. Hey Jesstany,
    I won't say that one is better IMO. Just different. I've been hooked on vaporizing lately. So, I'll relate my experience with vaping each. First off, both are a lot stronger now that they have cured for a while. And, both are excellent IMO. The NL is pretty mellow and relaxing, heavy feeling. The BM is a more uppy energetic kind of thing to me. That's just my take on the differences between the two. Each has its purpose for me. I have recently combined the two with my grinder into a blend. That's been a pretty interesting experience too. I get a little of both types of high. I like it. Shit, I like MJ so much that I don't think that I could try any strain and not like something about it. Its all good to me. Peace.

15. Nice man! I've been debating that deal so much in the last little while. Still debating the purchase, ha.

16. Yea. I hadn't been thinking about the Jock or the NYPD before. But, its a good deal and I might find that I really like one of em, or maybe both. The jock is supposed to be very chrystally and strong. Have read good things about it on the forums. We'll see. I'm willing to try them for the great price. The Wonder Woman, I have had my eye on. Supposed to be a good high yielding skunk. That will be nice. I likes me some skunk. I'm looking forward to trying the Jock and NYPD too though. Will be nice to have some variety in my stash. Cheers RJ42. Your doing a great job on your grow man. I'm staying tuned over there. Keep it up.

17. Looks good tastebud. I enjoy your grows. Thx for sharing.

18. Hey everything looking good bro. Just checked out your last diary and had to sub to this one. I'm about to get my first going to and youre using alot of the same methods i will be so I'm paying lots of attention. Absolutely love these bushy lil things just waiting for some equipment to arrive so I can start my own. I'm going to be doing "Sour Kush" in Coco under LED. Hope things go as well for me as they do for you. Good Luck!

19. RGF and growinup,

Thanks for checking out my grow and thanks for the encouragement.

Here's an update.

Wed. 11/02. Day 37. Day 17 of 12/12. 1 week plus 1 day (8days) flowering. Temp 85. RH 37%.
    Watered today 2 gallons for all. PH 5.8. Good run off. Trimmed a few more fan leaves off to let more light on bud sites. No burn. Everything going good so far. Raised led's about 2" to keep them at 10" from the tops. All measurements per one gallon.

GH micro 5 ml, bloom 10 ml, florablend 5 ml, diamond nectar 5 ml, floranectar 5ml, calmag 5 ml. TDS 840 ppm.

I ordered some Botanicare Hydroplex for a bloom booster for this grow. I am going to add it in after week four of flowering. I've read that's about the best time to add this stuff. I hope it helps and I don't burn my plants like I did last time with the GH liquid koolbloom. I do want to use a bloom booster. The hydroplex seems like a pretty good one to use. We'll see how it goes.

Thanks for following along. Here's current pics. Peace.

Attached Files:

20. A few more pics :smoke:

Attached Files: