2nd Grow, Closet LED Experiment!

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by closetgrassman, Mar 13, 2012.

1. #1 closetgrassman, Mar 13, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2012
    Hello all! I am signing back in to do my second grow! As you may or may not know my first grow was with bagseed, crappy soil and filled with blunders. So I bring you.... dun dun dun dunnnnnn, my latest greatest grow(experiment)

The reason I am calling it an experiment is because I have 0% experience with LED lights and I have 0% experience with Autoflowering plants! So I am starting slow and small, as opposed to my first grow where instead of just getting my feet wet with growing, I nearly drowned.

So anyway, without further ado, here is what is cooking for now!

My loadout consists of the following:

-Grow tent (small for experimentation and honing of skillz ;D)
    -active intake/active outtake and circulating fan
    -250w LED panel VERY NICE, 3w ea diode
    -Nirvana Bubbleicious Autoflowering Femmed
    -FOFF
    -For now I am NOT sure if I will be using nutrients as I have read that Autoflowering plants
    do not prefer nutrients and for now I would like to see what I can w.o them, I plan on running one with nutrients to compare, but I am not sure about that yet. If you would like to let me know of your experiences with auto's and nutes please feel free to hmu ;D

2/29/2012 - I started germination of my Nirvana Bubbleicious Auto (fem)

3/2/2012 - She popped and I got her into the soil under a 6400k CFL (small jiffy pot)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3/12/2012 - I transplanted her into a larger 2-3 gallon container and got her under my 250w LED unit.

[​IMG]

That is all I have for now, as you can see I waited to even put this all up since it isn't exactly the most interesting part of any given grow, but I thought something organized plain and simple from beginning to end could serve others who are considering LED grows. Thanks for checking out my grow, enjoy! :wave:

2. bump lol, any comments and or help? thanks lol

3. im watching man. not a fan of autos thow. but still =)

4. okay cool! thanks! lol yea I enjoy the thought of them being done in half the time. It is the yield that concerns me, but hey, once I do it I can say I tried it and I can decide which is more worth it from my own experiences :D

5. I am sub'd. I also don't like autos, but love led. Which light is that your using? And are you 12/12 or 20/4 or 18/6?

6. I am using a 7 band 240w 3w led's! Also I am running 18/6

7. #7 H3rbOshin, Mar 14, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2012
    I am really liking it man, there nice I really am going to watch this cause I want to try LED's in my next experiment. I've never had experience with auto flowers, but hey lets see how you do and maybe I will soon too!

do LEDS differ for different time of the plant's life? Are there LED's specific for each flowering and Veg Growth?
    ps Subbed in as well.

8. Welcome to my journal! And I think some LED units provide the needed spectrum for just Veg and others are good for just Flowering, but I did my research and the one that I have is good for both, it has all the colors I need for an entire grow.

I hope my grow goes smoothly to accurately distribute my findings for your own edification and whoever else stops by :D

9. Sweet man thanks 4 the info feel free to come check mine out I'm pretty nooby and learning alot still and can use as much advice as I can get!

10. No problem, looking good man! Good luck to you, I wish my plant was bigger, I am thinking about starting another one.

11. If u got the room fuck iit add it

12. Hey guys! Just wanted to say still nothing special or significant growth spurts yet. Here is a picture from 3/14/2012, I just started Veg nutes in a very small dosage yesterday, at lights on today I will get an updated picture, I also moved the light very close yesterday as well, since I think I had it a tad bit too far away, this is an LED panel we are talking about so I think I can get it very very close without any adverse effects. Thanks for tuning in, and look forward to some new pictures tonight!

3/14/2012
    [​IMG]

13. As promised earlier, here is a picture from about 15 minutes ago! She is getting there! What do you guys think?

3/17/2012
    [​IMG]

14. Lookin good the problem with leds is its hard to see deficiency with outsourced lighr but if your not seeing yellowing . Necrossis ect.... The bAbies are loving that blue wavelength kudos

15. Thanks man, I did have the light a tad bit too close I think, since at lights on today I noticed a yellow/white spot on the tip of one of the leaves. I am assuming it is burn from the light :/ But hopefully everything will be okay :D I purchased a kilowatt meter too, at lights off I will measure what the ACTUAL output of my panel is, just for safe measures. :D

16. Hey guys! End of the weekend update! I think there was a small spurt, fed her for the 2nd time earlier! Think she is liking it. She also seems to be bouncing back from the small bleaching/light too close problem that I had one day. Let me know what you think!

3/18/2012
    [​IMG]

17. Deffinatly looking better sorry i havnt posted lately been checking every day man i love that purple glow.

18. no problem, thanks for stopping by man :D hoping to see some nice spikes in growth soon :D

19. Thank you for posting thats the beauty of these kinds of sites and the expaansion of these laws allowing people to come and learn from others expirences in a safe and anonymous (if that person wishes) enviornment.