2nd Grow Bathroom Style

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by ccr422, Jan 12, 2010.

1. So I am super excited I finally have another space to grow in, and best yet its a bathroom.:hello: It already has a fan hole so I figured I could just run my cooling through the existing duct work. Will this work? I'm going to go buy a cool tube today, and other than that I think I have everything I need from my last grow. I still have a bunch of seeds from greenhouse. Alaskan Ice K Train and Kings Kush. I hope they were stored ok its only been a few months. Anyway I should be setting things up later today and I will totally keep you guys updated. Here are my specs

soil grow
    1000w light
    mh and hps bulbs switchable ballast
    30 gallon pots [i will probably end up having six
    room is 9ft tall 6 ft wide and 9 ft long

2. wow! sounds like this should be fun.
    how does one just happen stumble across a bathroom anyway?
    Best of luck, the space sounds great 6' x 9' x 9' is perfect in my books. Are you going to wrap the bathroom in mylar? the old venting sounds ok to use, you may need more cfm's than just the regular bathroom vent, though. I'm guessing it's pushing about 100cfm's, you'll probably need double that to vent an area that large with the heat a 1000watt produces. (Unless you are direct venting the light) A great rule of thumb I use is half the amount of cubic feet you have to ventilate is the amount of cfm's you'll need to pump out.
    Anyways, I'm rambling on. I hope everything grows great. That A.I.K. Train sounds pretty exotic. Can't wait to see pics of the room. Make sure you put pics of the construction, I don't see enough DIY construction pics. It's nice for the DIY's to show off some skill sometimes. I'll keep checkin in.

If you got time, check out my first grow journal. I just started a few weeks ago, hoping things would be all done by 4/20. It's also my first grow since coming out west. Any and all input is welcome!

3. So if I am direct venting the light does that mean that I can just use the existing fan? I am planning on venting the light directly but I thought I would have to buy a couple fans for my cool tube? let me know man if there is a cheaper way

4. I'm not too sure, I've never used 1000 watts. So I'm unsure how much heat you're looking at. I'm guessing if you vent out the light with a 6" inline fan you should be ok.
    Post some pics of the operation, I'd love to see this in action.