2nd GROW Bagseed Flouro

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by Joben76, Oct 23, 2006.

1. This is my 2nd grow as a beginner, and thought I would try a bagseed. My last plant I grew stretched way too much, and I didnt have the light to get much of of it, I didnt yield too much off it. This plant seems to be growing very fast, and I am waiting to determine its sex still. POINTERS, ADVICE, CRITISISM is greatly appreciated, I want to learn new things!!!

pic 1- my first grow ever
    pic 2-sprout
    pic 3,4,5-few weeks in

2. here are the pics I forgot to upload..:smoking:

Attached Files:

3. How can I make it less bushy?? I mean it looks great, but I have been trimming the fan leaves just so its not completely dark underneath. I took someones advice and added a red spec light to my fixture... I dont know if it did much.

I tried LST, and I think it worked!! The sides are growing out much more then they were before! ADVICE welcome. and and heres a pic of my supplies.

Attached Files:

4. Ohhh you seem to be doing well.:hello:
    Happy frog LOL.

Don't try to hard to make your plants less bushy.
    Bushiness is a praised feature of LST plants under fluro.
    Don't cut anything off either unless it's yellowing or worse.
    If you haven't done so already you could checkout the links in my sig.
    You may find it inspiring if not educational!

5. thanks urgr8est, I wont chop any more fan leaves, i know that isnt smart to do. I'm going to try to put pics up tomorrow. havent heard of Happy Frog? lol

6. Oh my goodness. It looks like a pile of leaves! When some of those shoots grow into tops, you'll be glad you left em. Can you tie anything else out of the way to get more light in there? That's always better than cutting.

7. A Pile of leaves is exactly what it looks like, I am going to try to tie some fan leaves away today, more tips have popped out too.

8. Vegging is going well.. It has slowed down some what. Would it be dumb to flower semi-soon? I ordered a 400HPS, that wont be here for a week, and I need new fert too. but maybe a week after that? I just want to know if i'm wasting my time here with a dude.

Attached Files:

9. :O its beautifull. Its going to deliver so many buds..... Im jelous and dry

10. Got a lil somthing in the mail today! thought I would share it with you all.:D

Attached Files:

11. Wait wait.. MORE LIGHTS?! try to get it in on the side bro

12. No sex showing, you'll know once you flower. You could now if you want, it's going to double in size before you harvest it keep that in mind.

13. More lights is correct. I got a 400w metal halide/hps. I was not planning on using the metal halide this grow considering the flouros are doing just fine, however I was planning on using the HPS for flowering here real soon. I turned that thing on to see how bright it was and WOW, was I ever dumb not to buy one of these lights before,and its only 400w! The plants looking damn good, probably going to put it in flower early next week.

And I wanted to ask, Do male plants smell as strong as females in vegging? Just wondering, because my whole place smells like a skunk, a lot more then my last grow at this stage, thats for sure. Not sure if the male/female factor makes a difference at this stage of the grow. Thanks for the response guys

14. Hey everyone, heres some pics from a few days ago, going very well, I am going to pick up some flowering fert today, and hang my new light, and darkness just may fall to the plant tonight.. how exciting! COMMENT or any ADVICE PLEASE!

Attached Files:

15. Looking nice man cant wait to see if its a female. Good luck with your harvest if it is!

16. Alright the exciting part has arrived. I turned off the lights lastnight, and went and bought some fox farm flower nutes, along with some "Sweet", and hung the new hps. I havent looked at it yet, but some more pics will be up shortly!:)

17. About how high should I keep the light from the plant at this point? I'm too sure how close you need to keep it with a hps?

Attached Files:

18. I think with HPS its like 16 inches to like 20 inches. I could be wrong though

19. Nice looking plant! That HPS looks a bit close with those leafs doing what they are doing keep it a good distance from the plants for a while, they need to adjust to it. There should be a chart on here with good HPS distance, just search for it.

20. I raised the light a good amount, and it looks much better, and not as warm. The leaves have flattened out too. Wow, I must say, it has really stretched in the last couple days.

Not positive, but it looks like a female to me so far, can't really tell to be exact.

I'll post some more pics later. HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!:smoking: