2nd grow...4 1/2 weeks into flowering

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by choochbag1, Aug 12, 2013.

1. Hi folks, just starting this thread 4 1/2 weeks into flowering.  I figured I could use some help/feedback from this point on.  Most of them are bagseed with 3 specially marked that are supposedly sour diesel that i was given by a friend.  I constructed a box 4ft long x 6ft wide x 4 ft tall with a 600W balast with the ability to raise/lower.  Ventilation is basically just a window fanned deconstructed and refastened to a piece piece of plywood.  It's a bit ghetto but once I finshed the box itself I really wanted to get a grow going.  I go with the keep it simple method to keep costs down.  I only grew these about 2ish weeks vegatative because of wearing of the 4 ft height restriction and it's probably a good thing i didn't wait any longer due to the fact that the balast is at max height right now.  They were basically committing suicide while vegetative reaching for the light that i kept at about 8-10 inches away at all times and still ended up with some slight burning.  I think i have a heat under control pretty good now that there is some ventilation (even if it is ghetto).  Temps with the light on hangs around 75-77 and in the mid 60's when off. 

Right now they are 4 1/2 weeks into flowering.  I will try to attach some pics so yas can see for yourselves.  Gold star to anyone that can find the dead fruit fly.  Any suggestions with that?  Again, any input would be appreciated.  I will continue to post updates with pics throughout the final weeks. 

DSC01439.JPG DSC01440.JPG DSC01430.JPG DSC01431.JPG DSC01432.JPG DSC01433.JPG

2. I take that back.....i don't even have a gold star!

3. i find that alcohol and gardening dont really mix that well any how. nice shots there chooch

4. I guess so far, my biggest question is when do you start keeping track of a plants cycle?  when i push the lights back to 12/12?  or when they start to indicate their sex?

5. 12/12. But i would recomend going by the look of the plant because some strains finish faster than others.

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. yah it's clear that there are multiple strains in there......some look like they're heading towards being done while others barely have any frostiness on them at all.

7. #8 IIIQBIII, Aug 16, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2013
    Found the fruit fly..  its on the 2nd last of your pictures.. near the bottom left..

This will help you see if you have boys or girls:
    [​IMG]

Nice grow by the way.. :bongin:

8. #9 choochbag1, Aug 16, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2013
    DING DING DING!   We have a gold star winner!  What'd ya think?  Today is day 46 of flowering by the way.

9. I bought myself a 16x loupe....hopefully it'll magnify enough to help determine when they're done.  Anyone know if 16x is strong enough?

10. All depends how good ur eyes are I guess. I'm 60 yrs old and I need 60x loupe 30x use to be good but no more lol

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11. I hear ya.  I used the 16x last night and was able to see well enough i feel.  There is only one in there that the tichs are starting to get cloudy.  I see no amber anywhere.  I am told not to go by hairs turning color, is that reliable info?

12. U won't see amber for awhile ur only 4 to 5 weeks into flowering. U need a lot of patience when u grow

13. Yes go by her trichs. I don't even lopk at trichs till I see half of hairs turning orange

14. today is day 49 of flowering...so 7 weeks now.  I will be taking new pics later when the lights come on....i will upload some.  I have no way of knowing the flowering cycle of these gals but judging by looks i'd say they're a 60 day strain.  I have only used Fox Farm Big Bloom throughout flowering thus far.  Should I be switching to just water?  or something else even?

15. Bigbloom is all organic has no nutes in it. Its more for the soil so I don't think it matters. U should of been using tiger bloom on flower

16. my wife raises chickens and i have read that chicken shit works great but I was reluctant to try it.  I have a friend that uses it on his outdoor and although the buds he grew were fantastic, i had a hard time dealing with the peculiar chicken shit smell. 

17. not sure who all is following this thread but here are some updated pictures from this evening, 49 days into flowering.  As you can see, there seem to be several different strains but most appear to be nearing the home stretch from what i can tell.  I am trying to assess how much of a yield I might be able to expect.  There are 39 ladies in all.  Any feedback is appreciated.  Enjoy the pics!

DSC01500.JPG DSC01506.JPG
    DSC01511.JPG DSC01515.JPG
    DSC01522.JPG

18. Also, when i should stop watering?

19. Day 51, starting to see quite a bit of cloudiness on the trichs. No amber trichs to be found.  The hairs are starting to turn amber however.  I'd stay about 15-20% amber hairs.  What little fan leaves are left are starting to yellow as well.