2nd grow - 2x4 tray - Purple Kush - 8 plants - hydro drip system

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by mjboy, Aug 6, 2008.

1. your garden's look nice man!

they are 5 weeks out?

2. thanks bro , yea 5 weeks and growing big. They look a lot different than other journals ive seen. i should of taken pics of the stems and branches. they are really thick.

the 1k HPS really makes a difference. im going to flower in maybe 2 weeks so they arent that huge when i harvest. i also plan to keep maybe 1 or 2 mothers so well see how all of that pans out.

3. Nice grow man....looks like i'm about a week behind you so i'm def gonna keep an eye on this :)

4. thanks and yea a lot of us are going to be harvesting together

5. hey mjboy, man your plants do look good, but i am soooo confused you said your ph was 6.8 is that a typo? im sure you meant 5.8... anyways with that 1000 watter you should get some nicebuds, they will probably double in size at flower maybe a little more with that light.

good job man:D

6. yea i fixed that. it was 5.8 . the 1k watt light should give me a nice bud structure. Im really thinking of flowering in a week or so. Since im at day 35 i might start on day 42 or 45. what do you think? the plants are a decent size but not sure if ill be able to clone it in a week.

i guess well see but thats the idea so far. plant to flower some clones with my SSH when my 3rd grow is ready.

7. Nice garden bro!

8. thanks , i plant to have some pics ready tomorrow on the seedlings and big plants.

any suggestions???????????????????

9. great lookin indicas man, i'm a huge fan! keep it up. i'm sending you a pm on a whim...

10. thanks and your pm is a million and 1 lol

11. have you sexed anything yet

12. some of them are showing female traits but i havent switched to 12/12 yet. I plan on doing so this week. Going to pick up some sour diesel clones and my dispensary on Friday. This way i only keep 1 mother from this batch

13. fuck something up so we can tell you how to fix it mboy!

lol

14. I do have one suggestion:

I notice that you only have 240 watts total if I am doing my math right and assuming that those tubes are putting off 40W each. That gives you about 30W per sq foot. If you double your lighting and bring your total W to 480 using 6 Fluorescent fixtures you will get a much better yield and the buds will be way more compact and potent at harvest. Just a suggestion, those shop lights are reasonably cheap and it would be $40 well spent.

15. ill try to lol

im only using 4 CFL for my veg and clones. I have a 1000 HPS for my flowering room.

16. Beautiful, 1K will def kick up the budding, nice grow.

17. well yesterday i checked my 5 super silver and guess what i found. Some type of small white worms with a black little head. Not sure what they are but i have a sick thread going on. Im not sure how to kill em but im calling my hydro store at 10am lol to find out how.

i clones 5 plants yesterday and all went good. ill take pics today and show you how everything is.

I also went to my girls moms house and clones a nice purple type plant that was already flowering. im going to try and pull it back from flowering to veg and see if i can mother plant it.

18. Update - Day 41 - 18/6 still veging

ok well today i decided to clone my baby's. I pulled only 1 from each plant to find out the sex of all my baby's. so far the clones look ok and didn't really go into shock.

The plants look good except for a few yellow dying leaves. I'm sure its cause i let my PH get to around 7. going to fix that today and they should bounce back.

These are also pics of my cloning tray. Im going to my care giver right now to pick up 2 more mothers. not sure what ill get either.

I got my Purple Widow 2 or 3 days ago and right away i germinated them. So far 3 have cracked and the rest are still in the container.

SO thats Purple Kush , Super Silver haze and Purple Widow that ill be growing. And what ever other strain i get at the care givers itll be 4 strains total. Not bad for an on going harvest.

Attached Files:

19. Update - Day 41 - 18/6 still veging

more pics for you guys to check out what im doing.

My Veg tray now has 4 super silver seedlings and 11 Clones.

The 3 purple widow that sprouted are in the house in the dark. im waiting for them to sprout so i can put em in my veg tray and get the new batch going.

I hope to switch my light in a couple of days and test out my clones in the 12/12 light. This will tell me what plants are females for those that dont know.

Attached Files:

20. sick grow man, i just got my purple widow seeds today i plan on germinating within the week.. ill be watching this to see how it turnes out...GL bro