2nd grow - 2x4 tray - Purple Kush - 8 plants - hydro drip system

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by mjboy, Aug 6, 2008.

1. yea i put it at 30 for now and will test it by lowering it daily. its pretty high and i really need to get some ventilation in there today. im at 89 F temp right now when the lights are on. I need to get it lower than that cause its hot as well in there.

I haven't misted them yet and i plan on it this week. i have 2 fans but its just not enough for the light. ill take pics soon and post em

thanks bro and just trying to get a good harvest.

2. whats up mj boy....
    man your cubes look like they are having babies... couldnt get that bugger all the way in there hey..lol no worries just looks funny...Is your light vented? that would be the easiest way to control the heat. You really need to get those cubes covered, algae will stunt growth at the very least, will eventually cause all kinds of havoc to your grow.
    when you switched them to the 1000 watter did you increase water times? you will need to,keep it green man...

3. Hey and im on the job. yesterday i got some mylar and im going to really hook up my area. Im making home made covers with the mylar and some paper for the cubes for the algae.

as for the water , my plants get watered 3 times a day each time for 1 hour. it stays wet almost all day while the lights are on and so far have been doing good with it.

im going to get a squierrel fan for the light system this week. just spent like 650 on this setup so i need to watch my budget.

4. Here's a good tip to flush your plants every time you refill your res:

Since I buy distilled water by the gallon (89 cents per gallon), it's easy do to this. Each gallon of distilled is 7.0 ph, I put one drop of ph down and two drops of ph up (advanced hydroponics brand) into each gallon, that makes them a gallon of 5.9-6.0 water. I pour one gallon at a fast pace over top of each individual plant after I empty resevoir, now I use an 18 gallon res but I only fill it up with 10 gallons of water. So for me, I fill 6 gallons (because I have 6 plants) from flushing and the other 4 I just pour in.

What this does is it gives you a better idea of what the true PH of the system is (because now you don't have to worry about built up nutes in the medium to be a factor) and also the PPM of the system, because again, it factors in nutes caught up in the roots/medium. After your done flushing and filling up your res, you then test your water, then add nutes.

Just a cleaner way I devised of changing nutes, and it really helps with avoiding nute burns or salt build up. ALSO, I wipe my res out with a clean cloth every time to remove the slime coat the nutes contribute to. That also helps with ph balance, and helps with giving your plants the freshest nutes possible.

5. I would buy purified water, not distilled. Purified water has gone through RO. Distilled water hasn't. At least not in my neck of the woods... At HEB you can get purified, RO water for $.68 a gallon. That's what I used until I bought an RO system for under my sink.

6. Sup Mjboy, it looks pretty good thus far! Wish I could get a decent setup like yours, but the computer tower will have to do....for now.

7. thanks guys and i use my tap water after i test it for all of the requirements. I tried distilled but i have 2 big res buckets and would have to drive all the time to the store for water. just dont have the time for it.

the tent it up today and im looking to make a whole in the garage for a squirrel fan.

the plants are looking good but a little dry. i might have to add a water time to the timer.

but im going to add my super silver haze to my veg area now that they are separated by the tarps. Ill take some pics so you guys can give me some ideas of what you would do in this area.

8. i know a lot of you ae going to say why i blocked both when i should of done 1 but i live in a duplex area where the other houses are right across from us and everyone can see my garage and the ufo light this 1000 hps kicks out lol so i had to block out both areas. It looks funnt but i plan to put em side by side next week to make it better for me and my babys.

here are the pics and i bought a 10 x 100 black tarp roll at homedepot for 57 bucks.

as well as some velcro to keep my tarp up and access points easy to open.

ps. Yes im going to add another piece to the back of the HPS so that light doesnt come out from there. I know i know lol

Attached Files:

• t2.jpg
      t2.jpg
      File size:
      141.4 KB
      Views:
    • t3.jpg
      t3.jpg
      File size:
      157.1 KB
      Views:
    • tarp1.jpg
      tarp1.jpg
      File size:
      146.1 KB
      Views:
  9. Just remember if you mist to make sure ya do it when the lights are off and the plants are dry before they come on. If ya don't they will get burnt. Also a good thing to keep in mind is growth in Cannabis stops when temps reach 85F, and doesnt resume again until it cools down.

10. yea i know and thanks for the reminder. I didnt put in the SSH today so ill do that first thing tomorrow morning. I should be able to have healthy clones of this grow come in with the SSH for the next harvest.

11. As long as the ppm is less than 50 to start off with I think it's fine either way. The ppm in the distilled water I get is 14 or so. But then again, I live next to the biggest supply of fresh water on earth, so I think water quality is in general a lot better around here. I actually get 130 ppm water right out of the faucet :rolleyes:

One question though, what is HEB?

12. They will still grow in temps above 85, although you should keep em under for max growth.

13. yea they have been for the past week ive had my lamp. But im getting my exhaust fan today and will post pics.

14. nice grow dude, very rare strain, looking for this strain on the net.

15. thanks and chances are your not gonna find it. Organica here in Marina Del Rey has it if your interested. Thats Cali people lol

16. english and im sure to find it with enough money and enough websites, im interested in breeding pk to get more seeds out there.

17. getting the males is the hardest. ive looked for them here since we have a lot of PK but i was lucky to get seeds. If i have a male in my batch im going to do just that.

18. #78 mjboy, Sep 9, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2008
    Update - Day 35 - Vegetation

Today i checked on the baby girls and most of em are doing great. Some of them still have the nute burn i caused and I'm not sure if i should cut that off or just leave it.

The stems are so thick now its crazy. Some of my stems are leaning from one side to the other but the plant is still straight. no big deal.

my PH is at 5.8 and PPM at 1200. SO far everything is flying A smooth. It got cooler over here so the temp dropped to average 80 - 85 in the grow area. I got a squirrel fan but my garage has no vents and i cant really cut a whole since i rent this place. what should i do?

Ill take pics today so you guys can see. hope this is helping someone out lol any comments or questions are welcome thanks. :D

19. Update Pics Day 35 - Vegetation

Here are the pics of the babys in the flower area but still under veg time.

and here is the pics of my SSH sprouting out. Im going to make a grow journal soon for those babys.

Attached Files:

20. More pictures for you guys.

tray ill be cloning in

some pics of my seedlings - super silver haze

some pics of my current grow

Attached Files: