2nd grow, 1st Scrog attempt.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by w0034, Oct 27, 2012.

1. Ok, first SCROG like the title says. Wasn't sure how it was doing after I scrogged the first few, but after about a week, I'M THRILLED! Cut the bottom out to promote top growth and good ventilation underneath the canopy.

I use this setup. It's a tomato holder cut in half, and the cross members removed so i can just slide it down over the plant with the legs supporting themselves in the pot. I thought I had a pic of the prototype in an empty pot, but don't see one. So here's my illustration :)

[​IMG]

Then, I use 2 tie wraps and put a screen using 2x3" squared plastic coated thin fencing. Topped and LST'd them a couple times before putting them in under the screen during early vegging. Once you put the screen on top, it takes a week to 10 days for it to really 'fill out'. I have around 15 tops on each one. They are about a week to 10 days from going to 12/12. Here are some pics.

After todays SCROG setup....As you can see, not very 'full' yet on the cannopy.
    [​IMG]

The underneath, same plant as above...
    [​IMG]

I know this doesn't look like it's 'flat' but it's because the angle of the pic, and there's another one behind it. But this is one a week to 10 days after setting it up. As you can see, it's alot fuller. I will probably have to trim everything underneath one more time before 12/12.
    [​IMG]

Lastly, this is a pick of 6 plants, all with a 2'x2' SCROG screen on top. Various ages after the screen setup. So, that will be a 4x6' complete canopy. Each has at least 15 tops.
    [​IMG]

So, how am I doing? :hello:

VERRRRY PLEASED. The buds on this Master Kush that are almost done, look amazing. Can't wait to try it!

Keep the lights on!
    w00

2. loving the grow room bro....but quick question.....

why dont you have any reflective material on the walls?

And what kinda lights u got running?

3. 1. I have built two rooms and all that goes with it. This is on the list, and it's getting there. But, with wife, kids, regular job, side job, and hobbies, it's number just hasn't come up. :) Soon most likely.

2. I have 2 T5's 4' x 8 bulb. They are fine, however, when plants get some height, they lose intensity fast. I also have 1 1k MH. That is sweet. I'm replacing the T5's with another MH shortly. I can adequitely light a 4x6' scrog in vegge (just barely) with that one light. The 2 T5's will only cover 4 plants.

Yeh, I'm digging the setup too. It's a work in progress over the next few months. A recent upgrade....2 55 gallon drums for mixing vegge and flower nutes. A manifold between them with vales, and a pump to push it all through a wand. No lugging anymore. I can water everything that's in 7 gal buckets in like 10 minutes easy.

w00

4. [quote name='"w0034"']

So, how am I doing? :hello:
    [/quote]

Jealous. Nice job balancing all your responsibilities and still growing some phat buds.