2nd grow, 1st LST attempt

Discussion in 'Plant Training' started by jaypee56633, Oct 29, 2012.

1. Hey all. With helpful input from GC, I recently finished my first personal grow and have started my second. In this grow, I decided to try LST. The pots are 5 gallon totes from walmart. I thought these looked ideal as they are wide and long as opposed to tall and narrow like a 5 gallon bucket.

Anyway, these are SAGE and MK-Ultra that I cloned from my last grow. I truly am just experimenting with all of this. I am hoping to continue to veg until the surface area of my pots are covered then switch them to 12/12. Unfortunately, this is just a CFL grow again. Hopefully HPS next time!! I guess I'm just looking for input from some LST vets out there. Am I doing this right?!

Attached Files:

2. Being lst'ed the cfl's really don't do a bad job. The cfl's can reach all budsites using this method. Plus with the proper spectrum of lights for both veg, and flower, with right conditions such as soil, nutes, and grow room, the cfl's I've seen easily compete with the very high priced high intensity discharge lights. It's all in the tender love and care of your babies, and good genes :D Good luck on your grow!

3. Looks interesting man I'm pulling up a chair to watch this one.

4. Thanks for the input all. I'm thinking about flipping to 12/12 soon. My box is only 2x4x4 so I'm a little concerned about space but I should be able to tie her/bend her/tweek her til she fits!

5. Looks good JP. If I were you though I would come up with some sort of reflector for those CFLs.

6. Looks good bro! I love LST and CFL's! It's my way of growing, just throw them in a cardboard box and you're good to go!