2nd DWC Grow

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by TheAnswer121, Jul 24, 2013.

1. appreciate it. yea man. i'm just glad to have made it this far. my previous grows have been interrupted for numerous reasons. gonna get my dry and cure process down so no hiccups for the auto's

2. I'll have to say the dry and cure is the part that worries me a bit. I'd hate to have my whole crop ruined because I didn't dry correctly. Do you manicure then dry or vise versa?

http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1298766-2Nd-Dwc-Grow-With-White-Widow.

3. #464 TheAnswer121, Apr 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2014
    i do a slight trim prior, then thorough, after drying. i usually get too dry. gonna go 2-3 days then bag it for 2-3 days. then jar, burping for 1-2 weeks.

4. my one buddy been at it forever he's old school uses fingers to trim then just let's it hang until dry on hangers. I trim mine really good with fisker scissors then leave it out on screen til it's almost dry still sticky and then I cut off branches and put in jars and do a burping schedule 12 hours lid on 12 hours lid off 8 hours lid on 8 hours off then 4 on 4 off. Then just leave it sealed and burp daily. I've found that the slow cure produces harder more compact nugs and the quick hanging cure produces "fluffy" buds. I prefer my method over his cuz the fluff nugs just fall apart if you are rough on them.

http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1234402-Budget-DWC-CFL

5. #466 TinTizzy, Apr 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2014
    get some 62% humidipaks man they are great for keeping it at the right humidity without going too low..they dehumidify slow also so if you put em in at 68-70% they will take the humidity out

Attached Files:

6. never heard of them before. 12 pack on amazon for $10, may have to give em a shot.

im gonna monitor drying closely this time. no fan, because i think that causes an issue.

I ended up needing a humidifier to dry mine..you dont need a fan if you already have air circulation from whatever...kept it around 50% and took 8 days instead of 3-4 in dry ass michigan winter...the medium packs work good for quart jars but the half gallons need a large..i just put 2 mediums in mine...the caliber humidity gauge works good too i learned it from this

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=156237

8. thanks for the link.

i've tried different variations but just gonna hang and leave it. check back every 6-12 hours. with a fan 3 days is too much so im thinking 3-4 days then jar and burp constantly. would rather them be too moist going in then too dry.

yea i got lucky cause they were pretty dry when i took em..stabilized at 57 so was glad i had the paks..if it shoots up to 70 or feels wet right after jarring them you should dump em out till they feel a bit crispy again and then try again..once the humidity is low enough you only have to burp once in a while to let the co2 out

10. Attached Files:

If a housefly lands on anything, merely moving your hand in their direction is enough to get them to fly off; except on cannabis. I've literally had to poke them in the side to get them to fly off. Talk about couch lock, lol

12. last pics from b4 and after chop

about halfway done trimming

Attached Files:

13. Looks good, nice color to it

@MedCannabis101

14. day 2 of drying

will post net weight tomorrow or wednesday

Attached Files:

15. #478 TheAnswer121, Apr 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 29, 2014

Attached Files:

16. is this gj a gonna now then buddy ?  nice looking plants as expected . im subbing up 

17. Just opened a jar that's been closed for a couple weeks. My drying process still needs improving, but it's not half bad. Smooth smoke, mild flavor. Way better than my previous harvests so win for me.