2lbs. Every 2 months using (1) 1000HPS?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by irkird, May 21, 2011.

1. First of all thanks to everyone this site has helped many many peeps!

Hers the setup pictures to come soon.

Can U or Has ANYONE? dealth with a grow room of 8X8 half used for veg the other half used for flower split in half with plastic sheet. This is a converted normal bedroom to a prop 215 compliant grow. Soil cause I like soil the best.

Has anyone got this much out of such a little space using the prepetual grow meaning harvest every two months?

Goal= I really have to get at least 2LBS dry grade A every two months. Please help!

2. 2lbs every 2 months off a 1k is very optimistic. Especially for what sounds like a new grower. You'd be lucky to pull off 1lb your first run.
    Easiest way to split a bedroom is grow tents. Or go to Home depot and buy some 2x2 or whatever you prefer and construct your own mini tents and wrap it in panda. Much more labor intensive but will save cash.
    Make sure the plants you have are good genetics or they wont yield the bud you want.
    Hope you have cooling planned out, 1k will heat up that room faster then you think.

3. Very optimistic indeed.

4. Split it into two rooms. Buy another 1000W HPS and then you'll have a shot at your 2 lbs a month.

Make sure its light tight man or else you're just spinning your wheels. What do you plan on vegging with T5's or MH?

5. yea it sounds like this will be your first ever grow, you didnt even mention what strains you are going to grow, or what nutes you can yield two pounds off a 1000 watt, but you have to have the skills, and the right strain.....the most i ever yielded off one 1000 watt, using a full digital setup, in a 9x9 room, was 2 & 3/4lbs and that was growing purple #1 and blue dream in DWC hydro, and i vegged them till they were a little over 3 feet tall and it was 6 plants in the 9x9, and that was after i had about 8 crops under my belt and had started using advanced nutrients this was my second crop ever using advanced on

6. look into flip box and use your 8x8 space down the middle 2 flower rooms and make a small veg area mother/clones setup works great for me every 4 weeks i harvest a little over a pound :)

7. #7 irkird, May 21, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2011
    You guys are awesome and very much right on the money with your replies! Thanks soo much.

Sorry for no pics at first and a pretty vague opening question. "2 LBS every Two months"

This is my fourth grow and have only used soil myself to keep it real "easy" I use fox farm soil with full line of fox farm nutrients.

I have a light mover capable of two 1000 HPS, However, I have to veg on one side and flower on the other side of my spare bedroom to keep a steady cycle of my medicne every two months,

(I have a broken L4 L5 failed surgery which just made things worse the doctors currently give me morphine, but White Widow and Jack Herer allow me to almost Never have to take those horrible pharmacuticles anymore Thanks to God for life and the plants and animals)

This is my room all pics are white widow and jack herer verified genetics direct from our Northern Brothers in Canada.

ANY HELP At all to boost this yield from the current approximate just under one pound would be AWesome and thanks so very much.

Just On my own here and I know you guys are pros.

I may have it figured out, Maybe next time I should veg out these ladies way longer, do half as many but just grow them in veg to like FOUR FEET in height, my Light mover can go up and down with ease and my max height is about Six feet.

Ok now I just have to add some pics so it might help everyone out and we won't have to be in the dark.

PS the strange plastic pieces you see by the light mover motor are just plastic "slits" I hung up to allow the mover to move freely and still keep out ALL Light for complete darkness on the flower side, I keep it total black out dark where you cant even see your hand in front of your face (this is what i was told to do always by all of you :)

Aaron

Attached Files:

• 150.JPG
      150.JPG
      File size:
      116.8 KB
      Views:
    • 151.JPG
      151.JPG
      File size:
      117.5 KB
      Views:
    • 164.JPG
      164.JPG
      File size:
      118.3 KB
      Views:
    • 171.JPG
      171.JPG
      File size:
      112.9 KB
      Views:
  8. Hi Everyone,

That is just a five pound weight on the other side of my double 1000 watt light mover, Because, i wanted to get it balanced pefectly since I only run (1) 1000 Watt HPS at night only for obvious cooling reasons im in San Diego east county so flower from 9PM to 9AM does not require AC :) :hello: :smoke: and my tempature hovers right at 72 degrees.

Since I split the 8X8 room in half with heavy duty plastic, My Veg side uses T5 Only and CAN NOt hang on the light mover since the t5 are huge and weigh way too much.

Thanks again Everyone!

btw the pics are white widow and jack herer flowering started exactly 26 days ago and I usually go about 60 days flower give or take.

the next few pics are the exact same set up just my flowering more far along.

9. #9 irkird, May 21, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2011
    The wood box in the pics is the bedroom Window, I framed it out to seal out all bugs and for security then installed a six inch HEPA filter attached to a six in blower for intake air and I exhaust all this out a six in hole in the closet ceiling leading attached to a CAN fan which runs 24/7 and constantly "pulls" air from my hepa "intake" for always fresh air, straight to my attic which leads right out the top of my roof via one of the roof spinner tops on most houses to exhaust the attic air.

**The card board you see on the ceiling i sealed off the house A/C and the extension cord comming down from it is the CanFan I have running in the attic to pull air out through that scrubber you see hanging from chains.

any pro suggestions, seasoned insight would be awesome.

Attached Files:

• 152.JPG
      152.JPG
      File size:
      116 KB
      Views:
    • 172.JPG
      172.JPG
      File size:
      115.2 KB
      Views:
    • 179.JPG
      179.JPG
      File size:
      113.8 KB
      Views:
    • 134.JPG
      134.JPG
      File size:
      119.3 KB
      Views:
    • 136.JPG
      136.JPG
      File size:
      115.6 KB
      Views:
  10. WOW very nice setup.

11. I understand completely. I have a family member with a similar injury and i myself struggle with anxiety and depression daily as i refuse to take anti-depressants. The last thing the doc prescribed me shut down my liver, gall bladder, kidneys and the rest of my digestion system. I was throwing up, drooling on myself, couldn't eat, couldn't walk. Even after i got "healthy" again, i still have not had much appetite or being able to gain the 20 pounds i lost back. I'm underweight for my height/age. People think i'm starving myself to death on purpose or for attention....... My job pee tests but i get around it by using responsibly and flushing with plenty of water and eating low fat foods. To me, the herb is medicine and i'd rather know where it comes from and sew it myself vs getting questionable stuff from some stranger or paying a large sum of money i dont have only to have to "re-fill" my prescription a couple weeks to a month later.....

Wish you the best with your grow. The best medicine really does come from nature!

I dont know if you can get 2 pounds per month but i've been reading that using molasses the last few weeks of flower increases potency by giving the plant more usable sugars to metabolize. 1000w hps is ALOT of light. I recommend you read up on SCROG, LST and whatever natural means you can use to increase potency and/or yeild. And you can make alot of bubble hash with your trimmings so if you count all that your goals are pretty realistic.

They say molasses can fatten your budsites up to 20 percent used the final weeks of flowering! Just be careful not to use too much as what is in your medium ends up in your plant or can make your soil structure go to shit. 1 to 2 tsp per gallon of water along with your usual nutes should be ok.