2ftx2ftx4ft 300w LED Stealth Grow Tent

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by counterfeityouth, Mar 31, 2017.

1. #1 counterfeityouth, Mar 31, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2017
    Hey all! Just chiming in to finally throw down some documentation on one of my grows from a week old! Ill do my best to keep you guy informed, because my reasoning for doing this is that I found a lot of people starting a journal, but never finished the deed, so I hope to be one to actually do it and have someone like me, find this grow and will be able to learn from it.

So the run down..
    A ebay grow tent special - $40
    300w Sygavled LED light - $69
    Air pots - $8
    Fox farm Nutrients (mini sample type deal) - $30
    250 CFM 8" Duct Fan - $28
    100 CFM 4" Duct Fan - $25
    Fox Farm Ocean Forest Soil - $25
    6in Fan - $12
    Humidifier - $40
    Perlite - $7
    Fan Speen Controller - $20
    Seeds - Free!
    Temp and Hum Sensor - Free!

So all in all, starting out cheap. I have some really good bag seeds that I have been saving over some time and after I finally got everything all put together, I decided it was a good time to bust these babies out. So I started germination using a moist paper towel and a baggie, and I put that on top of a dvd case on top of my old PS2 and I just leave it on and it always kept it warm (been doing it for that past 6 years! Works for me). Then once they finally popped, I put the seedlings into a FF Ocean Forest and Perlite Mix. I like to do 80%-%20, and I put those into some red solo cups. Wet the soil and I put them into the tent and started the light cycle at 18hrs Day and 6hrs night. Since always considered that part to be like watching paint dry, Ill skip ahead to the week and a half mark.

Now Ill also like to add, I started these in two diffrent batches. So theirs what I like to call a 2nd batch and a 2.5 batch. Same bag seeds, just germinated them a week diffrence. Now, im not exactly a noob, but I know my way around the plants. Ive always done stealth grows in cabinets and such, so this is my first 'Selling out' grow (i.e buying everything and not being creative). Also, this is my first run with using FF nuits. Ive always been scared to botch it and ruin my plants so ive always just stuck with soil in previous grows. So this will be a learning experiance for me. Once I start getting somewhere, Im plan on doing some LST, SCRog, SOG, Topping, Fimming.. the whole 9 yards because I wanna yeild as much medicine as I can, in the small space that I have. If you guys have more questions, feel free to ask! This is my hobby, my passion. I love doing this and im excited to go through this with you guys. I also plan on adding another 150w Mars hydro LED when it comes to flowering, so lots of exciting things coming! Stay tuned!!

Immo

Thee Sanctuary
    [​IMG]

The Ladies (You can see the diffrence between a week here)
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  2. Ladies are looking happy. Gave them a 1/4 strength round of FF wholly mackerel and big bloom (1/2 gal - .5ml nuits) yesterday, first round and they are digging it so much. Big diffrence in my eyes. So im gonna mist them with just water til the soil up to my first knuckle is a little more dry. Temps are around 82°F and keeping Humidity around 40%. Feels like summer in there for the cold Yooper here in Michigan. Ill check in a couple days. Just an update to make sure they didnt flop over dead from nuitrents (my first run with using FF, so im skiddish as im not doing my Ph and documenting this as well ).

[​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  3. Looking good bro! With the nutes I would wait a few weeks. The Fox farms soil is great for about 30 days or so. Some people think the soil is good as is and don't even use nutes. I just gave my plants their first feeding of the Fox Farms trio line up. They were at 26 days.

4. Hey thanks Bernie. Would you even say that even if FF feeding schedual says use for the seedling stage? Or did I throw that out the window with using ocean forest soil?

5. you won't need much grow fert with ffof, mine has done well with light nutes at 4th week

6. Even using them im only using about a quarter of the recommened strenght. If that because I watered them first, then used nuits.

7. that'll be fine, your plants wills let you know when they have used up the ferts they will slow Down and the Lower leaves will yellow out when the plant begins go pull nitrogen from them, OF has done me well so far as a good base

• Like Like x 2
  8. Thanks for the words of advice. I guess i was just trigger happy with them. Ill lay it off then til I start to notice them slowing down or when they go into their gallon air pots. But im debating doing that after sexing.

9. I would just go by your plants. They will let know if they don't or do want the nutes. It's really a hit and miss trail and error with nutes. Even the strains you work with are sensitive to nutes and some strains can't get enough. Lots of factors go into using nutes. IMO but they look good and healthy.

10. Yeah! They took to the nuits really well. The small lady in the middle on the right pan actually wasnt doing much of anything over a couple days next to the other ones. But this morning I check on them and her and all the other ones showed significant growth overnite. Im not gonna go heavy handed, maybe once bi weekly and then go on a more normal schedule closer to when I flip the lights. I don't have to much veg time being in a 2x2x4 tho

11. The early stages of growth can be misleading like you said as much of the growth happens below ground. Once those roots have explored the medium then the fun begins.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Just a little update. Transplanted the ladies into 1 gallon smart pots. My first run with these bags so im hoping they wont disappoint. The bigger ones are 2 weeks old and the smaller ones are just a few days behind those. Just been using straight water for the last week. Temps have been good, but because im using bag seed, some got a lot of water and had a set back with thosr, but those girls started to bounce back before I transplanted. Raised the heat because the intake fan was blowing cold air on the roots and the bottom was around 70°F. So i let temps go up to about 80°f and they are LOVING the warmer weather. Ill keep posted. I think im gonna go with a SOG, depending on how many ladies decide to show. But i still would like to use my trellis. :) now time for some relaxation after work.

Also, im debating on covering the top of the soil in perlite. I never did it before, idk what thatd do to help, i just see other doing it. Should I? I suppose itd look nicer and the white would reflect the light up, but why else woild I do it?[​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  13. Perlite on top to allow surface feeder roots to hang out and not be dried out constantly due to light and radiant heat. My first grow I was blown away by the density of the root structure of my plants in their 7.5 liter aeration pots (GroPro Root Masters). I had read that these types of pots really allow the root structure to develop properly and I can attest to this fact. I never found an issue with root binding either and they were vegetated for 1 month from sprout.

76F to 82F is the sweet spot for insane growth. Plants require the higher heat to encourage more transpiration. The root system should always be maintained at 68F to 72F. Keep the roots cool and the plant can handle up to 86F for a couple hours at a time.

14. 10 plants in a 2x2 tent? am i missing something?

15. Nope. Not a thing. Random bag seed. Ill have to throw them in flower soon to decide which ones are males. Just gonna wait til the shock from the transplant is done and they start growing again.

16. Are they even 30 days old yet?

17. Nope. The bigger 3 are 2 and half weeks and the others are a week and a half. I'm still gonna give them a month tho.

18. Okay. So the ladies are doing nicely. Added a small carbon filter and inline fan. Starting to get a little cramped in there (no one's surprised) so I think im gonna flip into flower here soon. My question is, should I add my other Mars Hydro 300w LED light now? I have been debating. Im gonna weed out the males from the females, of course. And then once I get the females distinguished, Im gonna leave 3 in the tent and put the other ladies back in veg. What's everyone's thoughts? I'm smoking and in deep thought.

19. Yeah hook that other light up. The more light the better. I'm probably gonna buy another 600 watt Mars LED to put in my tent. I don't really know about the flower back to veg process really. I wouldn't personally bc of your girls going hermi by chance. That's me tho

20. But with the other LED comes more heat