Grasscity - Black Friday Sale - up to 70% Discount
Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

2D vision after smoking

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Larrytheasker, Aug 27, 2013.

1. Hello, the first time I smoked it didn't feel like what I thought it would be. After about 5 hits from a bong my vision zoomed out and I started to see everything in 2d. After that night for about 6 months I constantly felt stoned. My head felt very light and my vision remained in this freaky 2D state or "cartoon vision". After about 6 months I snapped out of the weird vision. I still kinda feel slow, but not as bad as I used to. I have recently started smoking again and these past 2 times I have felt nothing. I'm going to try a third time soon and I was wondering 1. If this slow perception I have been having will eventually go away and 2. Will I get this 2D vision again or does this weird vision change happen with a lot of begginers and will never appear again?

2. you got high, thats it

3. I have this and tbh I dunno what it is, but it's happened with me before I ever even started getting high. It's confusing at times cause I can't tell what's what, most things just look like a painted wall to me sometimes. sometimes i'll assume i'm coming up on a hill but then it's flat ground lol. and other little things like if there's a closed in space (like tree branches going over a road from either side and meeting eachother or anything of the sort) the closed in space looks like a solid object to me. I've went out of my way to go around air at times lol. I dunno if its from weed though, I doubt it, it's probably schizophrenic or some shit maybe. It's like changing the focus on a camera though just it makes things cardboard cutout style.

4. I got through it so you will! Take a supplement alled l-theanine. It helped me out

5. #5 Space Fertilizer, Aug 27, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 27, 2013
    Below is a list of things I have personally done to recover from Depersonalization, I had it for 13 months.
    It is very bizarre, but I would do anything to go back for a day, enjoy feeling high for every second while it lasts.
    If you have any questions just private message me and I will be more than willing to help you with this.

Cognitive Integration

Sounds tricky, but it is not. Cognitive meaning "the act or process of knowing" and integrate meaning "to bring together" or to "combine". Cognitive integration means to combine each side of your brain with one another, these exercises below will do just that.

Drink water

Drinking water over other sugary drinks is obviously the healthiest choice, by drinking lots of water you reduce the magnitude of anxiety attacks, dizziness, migraines, and even mood swings. I choose not to drink water with fluoride in it as it causes calcification of the pineal gland (which is a whole different topic). I'd rather not scare you about that though, so just drink more water.

Read a book in a noisy location

Reading a book in a noisy environment (such as a café) and trying to stay focused on the story line will force you to concentrate even harder than if you were to be in a quiet place. Your goal is not to read fast, but to fully comprehend what you are reading. By doing so you will be training your reticular activating system to a deeper extent, your reticular activating system is what helps control the fine tuning on what your attention is set on.

Meditation
    Practice meditating for at least 10-20 minutes if you choose to do this exercise, to help bring clarity to your mindset. An easy way to begin doing this is to focus on a subject matter (a dent in the wall, your dresser, curtains, even the ceiling) in a comfortable position so you don't have to worry about adjusting yourself and possibly losing your focus. Try to stare at it as long as possible, without letting thoughts pop into your mind, but if you do begin to think of things, don't fight it, allow your thoughts to channel in and leave as quickly as they came. It is important to be in a meta-cognitive mode, meaning to separate your thoughts and images to your mind. After a while your mind will become clearer and clearer, and you will begin to meditate longer time periods. Most of all, be patient.
    What I did myself was light a candle, turn off all of my lights, plugged my headphones in, and listened to http://www.rainymood.com/. For a few moments I could feel my depersonalization wear off, and I found this to be the most useful exercise of this list.

Write an as if letter

An "as if" letter is when you write a letter to a person that you have had trauma events, abuse (physical/emotional), etc. and continue to write the letter to them as if you were to actually send it to them. This forces you to express your actual emotions and thought out onto paper rather than them being jumbled up in your head. Not coming to terms with these struggles will eventually lead to dissociation, depression, and possibly other things. By processing these emotions that are unconnected for so long, they will soon reunite. Dig deep into your past, as to what really bothered you and write down any and every event that could have affected you mentally.

Perform affirmation(s)

Affirmation is the practice of positive thinking and self-empowerment, in order for an affirmation to be effective, it needs to be personal, positive (of course) and specific. Doing such a simple task such as saying out loud "I love and accept myself exactly as I am", "I know that I deserve love and I accept it", "The past has no power over me" while accepting and believing it, will have an overly powerful effect on your mind, in more ways than I can begin to mention.

Diet, exercise, multi-vitamins, and fish oil

Of course, most healthy human needs a strict diet and exercise, which helps keep our brain run at strong levels. Taking a multi-vitamin (usually only once a day) will help you achieve your mineral intake. Fish Oil helps with many many things, from patients suffering from anxiety, prevention of cancer, inflammation, depression, and lots more.

6. Shit when I get stoned I realize we're in a 3d dimension but if you didn't get high after 2 tries after you got a high for 6 months which sounds crazy you must've not been doing it right.

Sent from my HTC One using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. I think you should seek advice of a medical doctor.