28W Sunshine Systems LED GlowPanel 45

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by stevie45, Apr 25, 2011.

1. Found [ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001N4NKB8"]this item[/ame] on amazon, decided to pull the trigger while I was half-asleep in bed so that I wouldn't feel as bad.

What are your thoughts?

I'm using it in a microgrow pc-box that has five fans. I would just lay it down on its side, and set up three or four 30W cfl 2700k lights above the plant.

I've got three sprouts under one cfl right now, and I'm switching to my new lights as soon as they arrive.

Peace

2. Nothing wrong with additional lighting so long as the panel isn't the primary source of light

3. Should be fine for side lighting. The plant should be able to grow pretty close without burning. I use a small LED array in my PC case that I built and its doing OK. I keep it 2-4 inches above the plant tops with no burning.

4. I dunno man... it seems like a cheap LED light....and cheap usually isn't a good sign..Check out my grow in my signature, I'm using LEDs.

5. If it doesnt work got a billion CFLs and a 400w HPS.

6. I have one of these lights its a POS ... good for 1 plant for adding a better spectrum but thats about it ... I paid way too much for it too I hope you're getting it off Ebay and not from sunshine systems. it also works well for seed starting and clones

7. It's really hard to tell whether or not I should return it. My plants don't seem to like it on its own, but they do like it in combination with 30W 2700K CFLs.

I currently have it mounted on one of the motherboard screws inside of my PC box. I can share pictures, if you'd like. I'm not near my main computer right now, though.

I'm going to give it three days. If I like what I see in my plants, then I'll keep it. Otherwise, back to the store.

8. If you paid more than $60 I would take it back, they can be found elsewhere for very cheap, but in my opinion they are a waste of time. The LEDs are too weak to grow more buds to offset the wattage.