28-3-3 Soil for starting off?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by vOoDoOcHiLd, Mar 18, 2006.

1. I read that when you first plant your seed, it should be in a soil that has a higher Nitrogen to Phosphorus and Potassium ratio, but it suggested 10-7-5, is 28-3-3 good? I'm a straight up beginner and have no real knowlegde of growing ganja so i'll prolly be posting alot.

2. Seedling roots are very sensative, i dont think thats a very good way to go.. i go with regular peat pucks but lately only rockwool and drinking water, no nutes what so ever and they are up and out of the rockwool within 3 days.

3. Yes. If you get soil with 23-8-3 in it especially in time release form, it will severely burn your plants. Here is a link to prove this. Look what happened to my first two crops from similar soil. http://forum.grasscity.com/showthread.php?t=84490
    Just get some good organic potting soil and add your own nutes at about week 3ish.

4. So what kind of soil should i get, and what are nutes?

5. nutes are nutrients. do NOT get time release soil, thats all you need to know. Just get fertless soil, organic natural anything without fertalizers in it.