Discussion in 'DIY and Homemade' started by marcusclarkus, Oct 5, 2008.

1. So i just picked up a downstem at a local headshop and I'm gonna give this a shot.
    I have 2 questions:

1. Would it be better to use a hand drill or a drill press? I think we have a dremel somewhere too but I'm not really sure.

2. Should I put some sand in the vase while I am drilling? I was thinking it would be a good idea to help my chances of not shattering it.

Thanks in advance.

2. Whoa i hope that was a joke about einstein and gravity...

3. How exaclty do I post pics in this forum? Im trying to add pics of the piece I made from your instructions. Thanks!

4. I made one for 3 dollars muahahah! owned lol,

5. hah thats awesome dude. mad props

6. Kickass homemade bong bro! It looks very legit, and you used good components (not like all the duct tape+plastic shit you see out there). I hope the epoxy is good (it should be, the downstem rarely gets too hot). +rep man.

7. Haven't checked this thread in forever but a drill press would be 1000 times easier and I don't know if sand would help but it couldn't hurt

thanks man

8. amazing. i have the same exact dremel tool

9. Is that a white lighter i see in the second milkshot? :eek:

10. this is really sick except for the white lighter lol i don't like that

11. Seriously, nice piece man. + rep

I need to start hitting yard sales and looking for a bunch of sick vases I can pick up for a few cents each and start converting.

Though I think I'll try and use a rubber grommet as a seal instead of the epoxy.

12. It looks great! I used to make these out of beer bottles when I was younger. When I used to help make custom windows the guy always used drill-bits that are designed for drilling holes in glass. He also put putty around the drilling area and had me poor water over it so it didn't get too hot and crack. So if you have issues with glass breaking; try putty and water while drilling.

13. Impressive man.

14. damn i want one

15. making these and sellin for $50-$60 is a good way to make money

16. you could sell those

17. those are pretty cool dude, definitely inspired me to make something out of glass bottles and vases :)

18. That's actually a pretty solid guide. I never knew I could make a bong myself. Might start looking for a nice looking vase the next time I go shopping.