260 w quantum board Grow

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by MarriedToMaryJ, Sep 15, 2017.

1. Absolutely. Heres 2 plants same age. 55 days. The king tut won the veg race ( left ) but the gorilla bomb is stretchinh much more and faster ( right )

Mind you these are under the mars cob. And not the qb. But still.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  2. Do you have system like a height, toppings done to the plant or stem thickness? How do you know its ready to go. Is it more of a gut feeling just looking at them? Ive seen you grows they are beast.

3. Total gut feeling that it will take up the space it needs to in the flower side and put me almost out of headroom.

The last plant I put in flower. I think it was 10 weeks veg. My largest yield so far. 15 oz's. It's crystal (northern lights x white widow). Finished in 7 gallon promix/perlite smartpot fed with GH nutes. This took up roughly half of my 4x4 flower side. It would have been 18-20oz's but I threw away all the larf/trim to help not spread mites. The densest bud I've personally seen. I have 3/4 full quart jars that have 54 grams in them.
    IMG_0621.JPG IMG_0620.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  4. Im still hanging on. Barely tho.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Those looks great and still have a while to go. You're going to get some rock hard buds out of that ridiculous cob/quantum setup you have. Nice work. Absolutely beautiful.

HPS can bite my ass. =)

6. You're going to be like 1.5g/watt. Keep us updated. It looks pretty damn nice.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Nice!! I have my heat sinks bought and next is the drivers. Still waiting on the actual boards to show up. Then it is off to the races!
    G/f is going to miss the awesome heat that the light puts off and keeps the entire back of our house warm at night tho. I'm curious to see how much more my heater runs at night after the switch. Led might be summer time only

8. What are those yellow plastic thing in canopy ?

9. Yoyos.jpg

Plant yoyos, for bud support.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Cool,never saw that before

11. #151 Sickomindo, Nov 10, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2017
    Ty guys i will keep you up. Little early for yoyos and i dont like these for the part that attaches to the pole, you have to be careful otherwise they break off. Id be shocked if i got over a g per W but in all honesty if i dont, (Colas always look bigger in pictures without a size comparison like a can) it should be a mistake on my part OR Genetics cause it definitely wont be my lighting as a reason lol. Most guys i hear with these QB are pulling that atleast.
    My pictures look better then in person. I'll let you know on dry weight later. I do think both times I defoliated it worked out for me quite well.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  12. Those look pretty dense to me. The dry weight might surprise you. It did me. I didn't think I got much more then last crop and it weighed 50% more. I got 1.2g/watt my first run with the 260 and it went horrible. I do think the crystal strain I had in there really helped push the yield high. It made some incredibly dense buds. Yours look better then mine did.

13. Tbone i've read some of your comments on other threads before and remember you and I like the way you think but I look at my colas and look at my first and second grow pics and I think you might be correct maybe I'll get more than I thought it seems that every cola when especially defoliated and getting that quantum board light with Cobs is much better than a 600 W ever could be.

[​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  14. Think it's the better quality of spectrum that Is making those super dense nugs?

15. Its the penetration, the quality is still 3k like any light its the imtensity and amount.
    Imo

16. Ya. Its the penetration. I love me some penetration.

17. They have a great spectrum but these leds were engineered to replace fluorescents. It's a very similar light just much more intense.

The difference between the quantums and other lights is the umol/watt is off the chart. Capable of 200 lumens a watt when dimmed to peak efficiency. 3.0umol/j. It's superior output efficiency. I don't believe there is another light that puts out more actual light power per watt.

I've seen other led's brag about 1.6umol/j.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. Why do i feel like those leds are outdated. Just your normal red and blues.

19. Right on. I just know HPS puts off a 3200 k spectrum but alot of it is in area of light that aren't as useful for growing. So I thought maybe these leds were putting off a more useful spectrum in the 3200 k. I did just see a company created a solid glass reflector that will allow you to run 1100watt de bulbs vertically. That could be super helpful in using the whole bulb.