260 w quantum board Grow

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by MarriedToMaryJ, Sep 15, 2017.

1. You want the air to be pulled away from the heat sink not blown into it.

2. it can work dependig on the heat sink. if ya fins are shallow and the fan is simila sized the suck is fine if the heat sink is bugger than the fan its better to push down and out the sides other wise with un even air flow you get hot spots over the heat sink and it will apper to be cooler. an infared camera and being able to.see where the heat is sitting will tell ya whats best.

and the thing with thermal paste is peopl put way way too much on which actully make it way worse you need a thin card and litrally thin layer just to seal gaps you shouldnt have excess that when you tighten what ever down you should get vefy very little squeeze out.

other options are themal pads which which are bit like paste a thermal transfer thats got a lil squeeze to it so you get 100% contact with the heat sink.

nevet realised how much working in electronics would help woth cannabis even better we have IR cams too :) so i can take them home and do a test with a couple leds and see if turning the fan helps or not i know some did it with mars and id say thats a real bad idea as the heat sink is shallow and the fans hang about 2inches away from the heat sinks so air would completely by pass the heat sink

Sent from my SM-G950F using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. #123 loki125, Nov 1, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2017
    no you mostly push cold down into the heat sink this cold air rund along the fins exchanging cold for warm on the way and pushed out the sides uniformly sucking can miss the bottom of the heat sink especially on heat sinks with long or tall fins it pulls it in from part way up the heat sink. it all depends on the heat sink and fan whats best.

short fins and fan covers most to all the heat sink you wanna suck and push up for long fins or where the heat sink is larger than the fan you wanna blow.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  4. All of my mars, platinum, and CLW lights have the fan blowing down into the heatsink. Every CPU cooler, video card cooler, ect all blow towards the heatsink. I've put it on the wrong way and had overheating issues on a computer build once.

• Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. There looking good guys. 29th day since I flipped to 12 (oct4th). Got my GF guarding. She loves the color from the light and keeps her out of my hair.

Think i inbarest her here.
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 3
  6. So I sprouted the seedling and it was coming up from the soil. I'm used to using weaker lights so I ended up putting her to close. I can tell these lights are strong because she shriveled up and died. I had her about 12 inches away. I'm going to germinate another ethos rainmaker seed and put a ziplock bag over my cup and how many feet away from these led lights you suggest with seedlings? And I'm dimming it down to 100 watts I had it at 160

7. I'd start about 3'..but someone else may have a better suggestion

8. I mean these quantum boards are so strong it's crazy. Anyone ever have this problem? Too much light in veg too close.

9. 12 inches away!?! Theres your problem i start mine almost 4 feet away with the qbs

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 3
  10. Yeah. I'm about 3 ft at least with qb120's on clones not qb260's which usually have 304 boards.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Oh damn I fried her didn't I?
    [​IMG]

12. Do you guys think that an 8week veg is necessary? I did 8weeks on my last veg and I mean she really grew out but I feel like it took just a little too long. How long do you guys veg for and will lose a lot of weight if I don't veg long enough? I am trying to maximize yeild. Here is a picture of my last Grow 8 weeks in veg
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  13. What did you yeild on that?

14. 186g off a solarstorm 440

15. I think 4 weeks is enough..to veg..

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. What do you yeild off your 4 week veg plants?
    @marriedtomarryj is that dry weight?

• Like Like x 1
  17. That was my first Grow so that's why I'm asking to be honest it felt just a little too long. Yes 186g dried weight and then I got an oz of trim.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  18. No need to plan your veg before it happens. I throw up a pic of a plant I'm putting in flower and people start asking me how long I vegged it. I have to go back and look at my pics to figure it out. I don't really care. I grow it until I think it's big enough. If it takes 6,8,or 10 weeks it doesn't matter. Some strains can veg way faster then others.

• Like Like x 3
  19. You know there's a dimmer on the driver right? Turn that bitch down and jack that light up 3-4 feet until the plant gets some size and quite frying those poor seedlings.